The paddocks - safe area?

D

dzhou1986

Hi, I'm looking at an apartment in the paddocks, Hybreasal, Dublin 8. Can anyone tell me if the area around safe or not? Can people walk around at night and feel safe?
Would appreciate any advice. Many thanks.

Dan

Just moved across the Luas from there, in Rialto. I really like it, but I have noticed a few roving gangs of kids knocking around - that kind of thing might bother you if you are the type of person who wants to live in a gated complex. Anywhere close to the city centre is always going to be a bit edgier than in the suburbs. Personally I wouldn't feel unsafe walking about at night. That stretch of South Circular is very pretty but I reckon the traffic there would annoy me after a while.

On the plus side you're so close to the Luas, numerous busses, lots of shops, supermarkets not too far, you can walk into town, IMMA a stones throw away, Pheonix park not to far, easy access out of town towards N4/N7.. the list goes on. Depends what you're after. Personally I'd much prefer to be in an older property with a bit more of an established community.

Back