The Official Pint of Us

dewdrop

Murphys brewery who now brews Beamish has been carrying an ad saying "The Official Pint of Us". What does this mean to convey apart from making one curious like myself.

'Pint' as a play on 'point' maybe?

The point of us, our raison d'etre?

If it is this though, and if it was Guinness, and a Dublin advert, 'the official point of us' would be even better.

Or maybe it's much more mundane - our pint, as in Corkonians, as in not Guinness.

Probably a copycat ad campaign mimicking the recent "The Offical Sauce of UK" campaign by HP sauce in UK.

our pint, as in Corkonians, as in not Guinness.

Spot on. Seemingly its the most popular pint here. I have seen a huge increase personally in the number of people who drink it. E3.25 in my local and those who drink it think its far superior to the other two.

When I saw it I initially thought US as in United States, which was wierd enough to make me think about it. It took me a few moments to realise it was us. Then I stopped caring again.

The Beamish and Crawford Brewery in South Main St., Cork, where my beloved Beamish has been brewed for over 200 years, is closing its doors, forever, today.

In light of this depressing fact, I have officially declared today, Friday, 29/05/2009, to be the worst day of my life!

Why, it's rubbish beer anyway (he ducks for cover)

Why, it's rubbish beer anyway (he ducks for cover)

Bleeding Jackeens!!!!!!!!!! How dare you insult the real capital of Ireland, boy (typed in my best Cork accent)

Actually Murphys is far superior to Beamish