The Odyssey in Belfast

O

okidoki987

Anybody been and would you recommend it?
What's it like for a 8 year old and how long will it keep him amused?
Looks okay on the website.

If you are talking about w5 at the Odyssey then its a must.We brought a 8 and 3 year old there and had to drag them out after 4 hours. It's interactive science and even the parents had fun!

Have a look herew5. When we went up we left Dublin early (on a Sat) so got there early (10-ish) which meant we were in before the crowds. And there were crowds! More boy scouts and girl guide groups than I have ever seen. There are restaurants in the Odyssey complex where you can have lunch and I think your daily admission allows you back in. Oh and you better brush up on your basic physics (!!) because your youngsters will ask why dad/mam? Don't worry all is explained. As I said a great day out and we're going up there again in the next month!

We travelled to Belfast on Saturday to visit W5 and I recommend it as a day-trip.

Passed Dublin Airport at 08:50 and was walking into Odyssey Centre at 10:30 - roads are great and getting better so the driving is no hardship.

£16.00 for 2 adults and 2 kids (5 & 3) and there was loads for them (and us) to do. Popped out at 12:30 for a good value lunch within the Odyssey complex and then back in to W5 until 2:30. We were all getting tired out at that stage and the volume of visitors was increasing all the time.

Home via Sainsburys Sprucefield and we all had a great day out.