The Nokia E51

S

Surveyor

Can anyone tell me if I use eircom.net e-mail can I get these on a Nokia E51 Phone. I considerinig purchasing the phone. indeed if anyone can let me know their experience of the phone I would appreciate it.

Hi. I had an E51and I found the phone good but my ear was burning everytime I used it. I had to give it up after a few weeks as I had pains in my head

We had three of them here and found them easy to use but they were difficult to hear people speaking on them after a few months. A fault in all three of them

I found the on/off button to be very awkward to use (ended up using a pen to press it)

Thank you for those replies. Did any of you use the e-mail or internet function and was it useful?

I used one for a few weeks. I thought that the navigation for internet was good but the screen was too small, eyes hurting afte 15 minutes, and keypad use limited when it comes to email. I would gripe about the small power on button and the sharp feel to the case.

I think there must be better devices out there.... I saw a guy using some blackberry device at the airport recently and he was banging out email as if he was on a full size keyboard!! I am using a touch screen Samsung Omnia at the moment... jury still out. I think the transition to a PDA is not easy but like video, microwave, DVD it will come to us all at some stage. Good luck.

The Nokia E71 is fantastic for email, but again I had issues with the sound quality at times. Especially on speaker, where as the N95 is exceptional on speaker but not as email friendly (though not bad either).

Back