The new 02 website is <..not very good..> for sending texts.

NOAH

I dont know if this has been posted before but today took the biscuit, I have a contarct phone with 02 and avail of the free webtexts via the website but since it has been re-vamped it is an absolute nightmare. It is virtaully impossible to send one txt message never miond the 250 feee ones. It would not usrprise me if it was deliberate to put one off uisng it. I'll be moving to meteor me thinks.

anyone else found it hopeless.

noah

Re: The new 02 website is c...p for sending texts.

Where exactly does the problem occur? I have been using it a lot lately and, notwithstanding some occassional sluggishness, find it reliable enough.

It is quite cumbersome to use, requiring an awful lot of unnecessary keystrokes, with all those popups. However, it is fairly reliable, and the group texting and scheduled texting facilities beat anything on Vodafone or Meteor.

I use it about once a month to send a text to about 15 people and so far haven't encountered any problems. I do find it a bit of a pest to use. I suppose I should check it out incase something has changed.

its hopeless with Opera so I go to IE8 and that takes ages to take PW and then it hangs when sending messages. I then went to Safari and that is the most stable.

I cant remeber how I got on with firefox.

Its so slow and as mentioend too many keystrokes.

I feel better now. I may reconsider and stay with them

noah

I found it very cumbersome when they made the change - I'm sure there was a thread on it somewhere round here.

But like most things, I got used to it, and would be a frequent webtexter (I'd use approx 150 of my 250 allowance each month).

The one change I did like was the facility to write longer texts (and not be restricted to 160 characters, needing to send several texts for a long message).

And free texts to anywhere in the world is great!

I find it cummbersome and sluggish too.

When I logged in during the week, I got an announcement saying 'please be patient - we're working on some improvements'. Let's hope they've been reading these threads...

Try Cabbage from

No connection with this just a satisfied user.

So now I get the 'please be patient' popup most times that I log in - I'm getting very impatient with the 'please be patient' mesage.

The first phase of the revamp of their website doesn't impress me. When not logged in it reads 'Hello, null' on the top right of the page in classic developer-speak. Surely the most basic user-testing would have eliminated something as geeky as that.

Doesn't bode well for future developments.

shocked at how poor the functionality is for webtext for such a reputbale company. A small comany wouldnt have this out there, it would be deemed very unprofessional. The only thing I can see is that the alternative to webtext is paid text, so maybe that why there in not so much a hurry to sort it? This is going on for as long as Im with 02. If i needed to send large amount of txts for example running a gaa club notifying about matches etc or a business Id be out of there. Free functional web text is a given, its not even seen as a free extra, this could bite them especially with younger serial texters

it was down most of today, they have a forum you can sign up to to give FEEDBACK, why not a simple email facility. I wonder if the uk site is as bad, will have a look.

noah