The Naval Reserve (An Slua Muiri of old)

brian.mobile

The Naval Reserve is the part-time wing of the Permanent Defence Force Irish Navy.

Is anyone on the boards here a member of the Naval Reserve. Someone who has served in Collins Barracks in Cork would be handy (but any company will do).

I have a load of questions and I'd love someone to answer them.

BM

hiya,

I was stationed in [SIZE=-1] Cathal Brugha Barracks(Dublin) - no. 2 coy

had quite a few friends from Collins barracks in Cork,

so what u wanna know?

J
[/SIZE]

sorry bout the late reply, didnt get an email to tell me i have a pm, i totally forgot about this post till i randomly cheked it today cause im bored

anyways....where to start,
we have a good laugh and u meet interesting ppl.
the biggest problem is the nco's and officers are generally arguing with eachother and going behind eachothers back trying to get promoted before the others. - this is the biggest problem with the slua, and still is as i keep in contact with my friends still in it.
however it really isnt enough to put anyone off joining because there are a lot of pros about being in it. the naval service kinda look down on the NSR but thats normal i guess but a lot of em do like us cause when we go out on the ships we allow them a break.
the work can be a bit tedious on the ships but its an experience and a half, 4 hour shifts - but u need to do the recruit camp first(which was some of the most fun ive had all my life).

i left basically because they made us shave and not even have a tash or stubble which i feel takes away my manhood.
im on msn if u wanna chat with more questions

[broken link removed]

You will be able to ask current members all your queries.