The Most Ridiculous Priced House in Dublin thread

That's unbelieveable! Doesn't surprise me from that particular EA though. They have a habit of being "bullish" when it comes to marketing residential property.

And it's not even freehold!... Must be the Neff this, Neff that & Neff whatever in the kitchen that's driving it up though!

there was a program on either utv or ch 4 abour 2 months ago about the
'potential' growth of property in the 25 eu countries if you 'now' had money to 'invest' in overseas property in the 25 countries. didnt get all the program but I think croatia/poland etc topped the poll. but there was lots of crazyiness like ' someone investing €200,000 in the silver coast in Portugal now will be sitting on a £3,000,000 investment inside 10 years.' and lots more like this. magic mushrooms obviously on the dinner menu of the commentator, ( could have been amanda lambe)

What would you do with €2,500,000 burning a hole in your pocket?

@4% real that's €100,000 income a year, in constant purchasing power. Realistically, your personal tax advisor will end up giving you say €80,000 after tax. That's €6,667, forever, in real terms, in your pocket, monthly. Rent a fabulous pad, drive a nice car and live life however you like.

-or-

plonk it all down on a semi-d, in (admittedly) a very nice area of Dublin, AND continue to work for an income.

Who's foolin who?

Ok..so its a crazy price..... did it go sale agreed yet? How long with it be 2 wks, 3 wks.....

Well if it were me and i wasn't too pushed on the house I was living in I definitely would. But then again, that's my own personal choice, there's no accounting for taste. I wouldn't be caught out living on the southside either

I am insanely jealous. of the sellers. good luck to them. I live approx 80 kms from dublin by motorway. allow an extra 20ks to this address. max 100kms. allowing €30,000 per km for every km away from this address this would made a total deduction of €3m. making my house worth €.75m. which its not. despite it being a five bedroomed detached bungalow 3 kms from centre of town, and approx 5kms from the motorway interchange.( mostly dual carriageway) who is paying these prices, and where are they getting the spandulas to splash with such abandon?

Ah but Cuchulainn, add an extra postal address digit per every 2km and you end up with a D54 .... and god knows what that does to your property value ... if it ain't D4 or D6 you're outside the bingo postal numbers!