The Maltings,Castlebellingham,Co.Louth

Northerngirl

Am viewing an apartment here tomorrow.Anyone familiar with this area? Is is too quiet and isolated for a single 30something female, wanting to escape Dublin? Are there pubs, shops and is the nearest supermarket in Dundalk?

Am viewing an apartment here tomorrow.Anyone familiar with this area? Is is too quiet and isolated for a single 30something female, wanting to escape Dublin? Are there pubs, shops and is the nearest supermarket in Dundalk?

I'd say it was too quiet, not on a rail line either. Dundalk has lots of shops and would be a better bet I think.

Castlebellingham is a nice spot, but its only a small village. there may be a small local spar, but nearest supermarket ie dunnes ,tesco and superquinn are in dundalk town.. 6 maybe 7 miles from castlebellingham to dundalk.

Thanks AD and Molly. Have read your previous posts on moving to Louth Molly which has helped me in my decision to move there. Think Im maybe better looking closer to Dundalk...

I live just up the road from the maltings and have to say it is a great little village yet close to all amenities. There are buses every 20 mins to either dundalk or drogheda where you can get an express bus every hour to and from Dublin. The local pubs always have something on at the weekends. If u were going to town there are two taxi companies. I moved there about 10 years now and love it.