The Irish Christening (Joke)

Lex Foutish

Paddy's pregnant sister, Geraldine, was in a terrible car accident and went into a deep coma. After being in the coma for almost six months, she wakes up and sees that she is no longer pregnant. Frantically, she asks the doctor about her baby.

The doctor replies, 'Ma'am, you had twins.... a boy and a girl. The babies are fine. However, they were in poor health at birth and had to be christened immediately, so your brother, Paddy, came in and named them.

Geraldine thinks to herself, ' Oh no! Not my brother! He's a clueless idiot...!

Expecting the worst, she asks the doctor,' Well, what's my daughter's name?'

'Denise' says the doctor. The new mother is somewhat relieved.

'Wow, that's a beautiful name. I guess I was wrong about my brother', she thought....'I really like Denise'

Then she asks, ' What's the boy's name?'

The doctor replies, 'Denephew'

Geraldine did in fact give birth to twins, but unable to support them, put them up for adoption.
Years later, having felt guilty for all that time, she hires a private investigator to track down the children.
After several months and several thousand pounds worth of travel, the investigator finally return with files on the two children. He informs the lady that the twins were split up and adopted by different families, one Mexican & one Arab. The Arab family had named their child Amal, while the Mexican family had opted for the traditional Spanish name Juan. The investigator told the woman that both had grown up into bright, happy, healthy boys, but he had only managed to photograph the boy that had been adopted by the Mexican family. The woman protested
"But i paid you to track them both down!"
The investigator replied
"They're twins, if you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal..."

Back