the hilton metropoliton???????????

ilovepink

hi all
im heading to london in feb and have booked the hilton metropoliton hotel central london for 2 nights. can anyone give me any feed back on it. ie... location and cleaniness??

I stayed there a while ago and was not massively impressed. Locations wise it's very handy, there's two underground stations very close by, but there's nothing around there in terms of shopping or going out. We had a room in the tower, which is the old part, and the room was reaking of smoke, had zero view and was a bit old. I remember thinking if we had booked ourselves into a nice B&B it would have been nicer. So if you get there, make sure they don't put you in the tower!

It's an excellent hotel. I stayed there with my extended family in 2004. I requested 4 rooms on the same floor but this didn't materialise.

I requested rooms on the same floor because I travelled with my parents (in their 70's) and my sister's kids.

I complained at the front desk that we didn't get what we requested, and as a member of the Hilton Honors (a loyalty card for Holton customers), we were all bumped up to suites so that we could be on the same floor.

The rooms were spotless. The buffet breakfast kept us full for most of the day.

The hotel is near Paddington station. In fact, you have to walk past the Hilton Paddington to get to the Hilton Metropoliton ( a distance of maybe 500 metres)

Enjoy.

I'm with Hillsalt. It's a great hotel. Not sure about the Paddington reference though. The Metropole is directly across the road from the Edgeware road stations, accessed on the Bakerloo line or the District and Circle lines.

The area around the hotel has a strong ethnic feel but tbh you don't need to spend time in that area if you don't want to, the tube is so handy. There's also a M&S across the road from the hotel, ideal for breakfast provisions if you don't have a B&B rate.

Have stayed there 5 times + and it's my preferred location for London stays.

Back