The Heritage Hotel Killenard

priory1

Hi

I'm having my wedding in The Heritage Hotel Killenard early next year. I getting a little worried as i have heard a few people saying that they are nearly bankrupt. Just wondering if anyone else has heard about this. If the hotel does go backrupt what does this mean for my wedding.

Thanks

This rumour surfaces every few months, and I have been reliably informed that it is not accurate. Naturally somewhere like that will take a few years to turn a profit, but the place is going from strength to strength!

I haven't heard that rumour- if there was any truth to it at all it would be the talk of the town in Portlaoise I can assure you; a load of nonsense I'd say.

Attended a wedding here last May..... had THE most wonderful w/e there!! It's a fabulous place,staff can't do enough for you,nothing's too much hassle,the suites are to DIE for!! It'd be a pity to see it close,though I'd have to say that the w/e we were there,there wasn't a lot of people in the hotel,if one excluded the wedding crowd. Best wishes for your wedding,Prory1!

Thank you danole and for all the other replys,you have put my mind at ease. Really looking forward to the big day, it is a fabulous place and would def be a shame if it were to close.

I had my wedding there and it was just amazing, I can't recommend the place highly enough - magic. The staff and management could not have been more helpful and the food etc was top class. I have been hearing rumours of it being in trouble since last Christmas but haven't seen anything to suggest they are anything other than rumours. I've been back since as have friends and family and they have all said it was busy when there were there. Worst case scenario it could be bought out by another chain but I would think they'd aim to keep the 5 star status.

Best of luck with the wedding plans!

You can never say a place won't go bust - but the guys behind it aren't short a bob or two and it wouldn't do their reputations any good if it went to the wall. So I reckon your as safe as you can be.

Apparently as a business it's not doing very well. It's depending on weddings to stay afloat. I have heard of people having amazing weddings there. My own experience of eating there was well below average.

Whenever I'm there, which would be quite regularly, it is always busy. It seems to get a lot of conferences. Friends and family have always struggled to get a vacany too when planning a stay. All positive signs to me!