The Gallops, Leopardstown

monos

Can anyone who lives in the Gallops tell me how long it takes to get into town for work? And whats the best bus etc? Its a massive estate I know so am talking from the Mimosa end (I'm sure you all spotted the hats and whips at the weekend!)

hi there

the gallops is a nice estate - just out of interest i did see the promotion for mimosa this weekend - was this not called levmoss park last year - if so they must not have sold any as i went up to look at them a year ago and some of the apartments were tiny and soo expensive in comparison.
i live in stepaside now and drive to the luas regularly and park the car there and into town that way. it would be a few minutes to sandyford stop by car and there are plans to extend the luas right beside the gallops main entrance. not sure what bus route but there is one that goes by the shops at the roundabout quite regularly - would take up to an hour i'd imagine in peak times?

Levmoss was one of the apt blocks developed last yr in the Gallops..the new development is the next phase to be launched at massively discounted prices( the advert claims c80k reduction on prev launch price). All the blocks are named after famous horses..25min walk to the luas.. bus is the 44 which stops on the ballyogan road..

Thanks guys, wondering if I can bear the trip into town until luas reaches there!

I live right near Minosa in the Gallops, we get into town in 40 mins from the time we leave the house at 8am - either drive to murphystown road and walk down from there or walk the entire way - 25min walk to the luas and then 20 into town - its a doddle, and a decent enough walk. If weather is brutal just drive and park at the luas

Monos are you thinking of buying in Mimosa? I went to see them at the weekend but still undecided. Do you know if there has been much interest in the apartments?

Hello Monos

I moved into a development not too far from the Gallops about 6 months ago. One thing I would say is that you will need a car living out in this area. I was relying on public transport to begin with, and the 44 bus was late/off schedule on a frequent basis, which is not so good when you're hanging around in the rain! It took about 45 minutes to get into town on the bus with up to an hour at peak times. The 63 bus is also servicing Ballyogan Road at present, but this is just until the Glenamuck Road reopens.

Have got a car since and it's made a world of difference.

The Luas is definitely the best alternative, you could walk or drive down there. Parking in the luas car park is EUR 4 per day, although you could park on the road near the Kilmacud stop.

Hi
Just have a query about the gallops.... friends of mine have put a deposit on a 2 bed corner apt on the M50 side of Mimosa. They are totally in love with the apartment itself but are thinking of pulling out due to the noise of the M50. It is very difficult to tell how bad this will be until you move in, but I was just wondering if anybody has any ideas or experience of M50 noise in these developments?

Can anyone who lives in the Gallops tell me how long it takes to get into town for work? And whats the best bus etc? Its a massive estate I know so am talking from the Mimosa end (I'm sure you all spotted the hats and whips at the weekend!)

I hope you are not thinking of buying an apartment here - it seems like very bad value to me, you are a good hour from the city center.

I live near the M50 myself in Sandyford, this part of the motorway is quiet at night I'd suggest they actually drive out there and see what its like at night to get an idea.

I dont notice it at all but some might im a good bit away from it too and I know some of the gallops are right up against it.

the luas is 5minutes away and takes about 25 mins to get into town so town is a good 30minutes away

Hi All,

I am currently living in the gallops... to be honest the noise of the M50 is loud, although you do get used to it.. We bought about 4 years ago 3 bed semi... but we feel things have changed so we've sold and are moving out..

They seem to be good value, although the kitchens are very small etc...

We are moving to a new house in Aug in North wicklow, here are our reasons for leaving...

when we first moved in it was quiet and nice estate, but over the last fours years we have seen many changes... its sooo noisey, cars driving up and down all bloody night, kids hanging around everywhere, play fighting, just generally begining annoying...

we have caught kids many times, throwing litter in gardens etc, sitting on our back wall, annoying the dog.. etc..

another thing, neighbours let thier dogs out each morning to poo outside front of the house!! What is the story with that?? I have a dog and would never let him out the front to poo... on a number of occasions my neighbours dogs hass pooed in the garden, her answer is oopps, it drives me insane...

i know i sound a bit mad etc, but honestly some (not all as im sure there are lovely kids too) kids in the estate have no control or manners etc... playing football on a main road when there is plenty of green areas etc.... kicking footbal against cars....

my car window has been smashed once last year etc...

we think its generally gone down hill really.... we originally thought it was people form the council estates on ballyogan road (sory for being honest) but as they have no access anymore since the buliding of levmoss etc it has to be the people of the actual estate!!

I am sorry to sound sooo negative, but thats honetly my experience...

Best of luck

hey everyone... my partner and I are planning on buying an apartment within communting distance by public transport to UCD and about hours drive to kildare town - we were thinking of stepaside or the gallops - has anyone any advice?
Also will house prices kept falling cause we are first time buyers and only plan on living here for the next 2-3 years and as we are getting married next year we obviously can't afford to end up with an apartment that has fallen in price....

I think Cherrywood is a much better bet, my friend lives there in Druids Valley/Tullyvale and finds it very handy. It's very quiet when I visit her and is not right on the M50. Apparantly there are moves to make Cherrywood a town centre eventually to takeover from Dunlaoghaire. Friends First, Dell, etc..are next door and theres other financial businesses moving in soon. Its on the qbc to UCD, I think, as well as being over the M50 and on the new Luas line.

I agree with Cherrywood as a location but I think those Tullyvale apartments look awful. They're very high density.

Public transport from the Gallops really means the 44 bus route, not sure if that would take you to UCD. The luas is also an option but again wouldnt be any use for UCD. I think very few apartments will hold their value in the next 2-3 years, would you not consider renting until you are in a better position to buy a house? If you insist on buying, the gallops apartments or any of the apartments on the new extended luas line in the area, might be your best bet from an investment point of view. Stepaside is always going to be a bit of a treck to the luas even with the extended line.

Public transport from the Gallops really means the 44 bus route, not sure if that would take you to UCD. ..

it will get you to Bird Avenue in Windy Arbour - about 10 min walk to the Clonskeagh gate of UCD (but it's another 10 mins walk from here to the centre of the Belfield campus)