The Gallery, Donabate

I live quite near here and have to say out of all the apartment complexes in Donabate, I would rate this one of the better ones, plus your on the right side of the tracks. Their is talk of selling St. Itas hospital and apartments to be built, the traffic will be awful going through the village, luckily it wont have much of an effect on you.

Fingal county council have plans to build a bypass around the village. Not sure where this will go but will definitely serve portrane. 600,000 also recently approved to upgrade the link road to the M1 (hearse road)

I bought in Block F of this development. Does anyone have any idea about completion dates? I seem to be getting different dates all the time. Nothing unusual about that I suppose!

The best person to talk to is Mick, the finishing foreman. PM me and I can give you his number if you want.

They're planting shrubs and stuff like that on F at the moment so I'd say there'd be people moving in by the end of the month.

no, can't see the metro happening. at least they're building a path on the west side the bridge tho.

It makes a hell of a lot of sense. A tract of land between the end of the proposed Metro and the train line to Belfast.

Means people from the North can take a convenient route to the Dublin Airport.

Also means people from Dundalk to Donabate will have easy access to DCU.

I am going to write to my TD!

It makes a hell of a lot of sense. A tract of land between the end of the proposed Metro and the train line to Belfast.

Means people from the North can take a convenient route to the Dublin Airport.

Also means people from Dundalk to Donabate will have easy access to DCU.

I am going to write to my TD!

I agree. Dundalk to Clontarf even. Try getting out of Malahide in a car in the morning. Or try getting a bus from Clontarf to DCU - one an hour, takes about an hour, and never on time. A metro linkup would help a lot of commuters. It would be mad not to have one. 3 kilometers across greenfield land at Donabate would cost a fraction of what it would cost to bring the metro even 1 kilometer under the city. In relative cost terms its a no-brainer. The alternative is ugrade hearse road, lissenhall interchange, feeder bus services etc and this all costs money. This will have to be done because people will pile onto the metro at Lissenhall when it opens. RPA are talking about a metro every 90 minutes when fully operational and it will be fast.

See how many luas extensions they are planning for south dublin/wicklow, city centre, west dublin/kildare. 3 miles of track through farmland on the northside is nothing.

If you think its a good idea email your td. if you think it won't/can't be done that may be a self-fulfilling prophecy

Hi

Anyone there who bought an apartment in the Gallery in Donabate? Can you tell me how did the launch last year look like? Was there any queuing or even sleeping overnight before the launch involved?

Hi Maya, You should be able to put away the sleeping bag and tent! There was no queing at the last launch. From what I can remember they went on sale on a Thursday and they were still taking deposits at the weekend. So unless demand for apartments in Donabate has really exploded, it should be a comfortable enough experience if you are thinking about buying in the next stage.

One thing to note is the development is tied to Magnet Entertainment for telephone, tv and broadband due to an agreement with the company and the builders. It might be worth your while asking them to wire the apartment for other providers as well as Magnet don't provide the greatest service in the world. Apart from that, its a grand place to live.

Hi Guy's,

I've bought an apt. in the Gallery and I'm due to move in around February'07.Just wondering if there's anything in particular I should look out for when carrying out the snag or even any info. in general would be appreciated.

Ta

Hi Guy's,

I've bought an apt. in the Gallery and I'm due to move in around February'07.Just wondering if there's anything in particular I should look out for when carrying out the snag or even any info. in general would be appreciated.

Ta

Can't think of anything on the snag. They were well finished but with the usual problems such as an extra coat of paint needed. Nothing major though. The builders are decent and helpful. Tv provider as mentioned above is a bit of a nightmare. No point getting an expensive Tv as you don't get any functionality (even teletext). Apart from that, I love living there.

Can't think of anything on the snag. They were well finished but with the usual problems such as an extra coat of paint needed. Nothing major though. The builders are decent and helpful. Tv provider as mentioned above is a bit of a nightmare. No point getting an expensive Tv as you don't get any functionality (even teletext). Apart from that, I love living there.
Good stuff Sunny, Thanks for that - looking forward to moving in!!

Hi,

Anyone else here living in the Gallery apartments and are fed up with the quality of the TV/phone/broadband service provided by Magnet. I have spoken to the Management Agent and they claim they haven't got any complaints but will look into doing something if enough people ring them. The sooner this practice of wiring complexes up for one provider is outlawed the better...

Hiya Sunny,I recently moved in to the Gallery and I've only got the TV hooked up rather than than the whole package but the TV is fine so far I've gotta say.

It's a great development but it look's like when all of the block's are completed parking might be a little tight?

Also, is there a resident's comittee or anything similar for the Gallery?

Back