the GAA

car

Being a sporting gent, I admire the GAA, I love what they do in nearly every corner of this country. I played hurling and football, soccer and rugby for years and had to make a choice like many brethren when I was about 15-16 to go one discipline and chose soccer but regretted having to as I loved playing hurling, not least for the community element of it all, but just not enough hours in the day to do all and soccer was first love.

But by and by, well done GAA.

Not in this case though.

http://www.kerryman.ie/news/pitch-battle-gaa-and-soccer-club-in-dispute-1693508.html

The mentality of someone who directed that the pitch be ploughed under cover of darkness cannot be fathomed. The fact that it was ploughed under darkness indicates that the people behind this have something to be ashamed of.

It shows a level of arrogance and contempt for their fellow neighbours beyond belief.
Just because you are right does not means you can treat others in such a disgusting manner.

Why can't this be dealt with by means of proper legal procedures instead of resorting to tactics which will poison the community for years and undo all the great community work being done in the area.

If anyone had a bit of cop on they could have waited a couple of months for the soccer season to be over. My guess is that it was some 50+ "great gael" who ordered it because at the player level in rural areas its nearly all the same fellas (I'm a 3 soccer matches a year man myself ... when they're real stuck due to U21 GAA games clashing).

Back