The Fund

Irldigi

Hi all,

From RTE website....Does anyone know anything about this ?

........"The Fund is a new factual entertainment series from RTÉ that will search Ireland to find 9 young would-be entrepreneurs with sharp ideas, and see them compete over seven weeks for a €25,000 prize that will help them realise their vision and start up their own business.

Each week contestants will be set individual tasks to enable them to advance their budding enterprises and will be given invaluable advice from industry experts while being coached and assessed by a judging panel of some of Ireland's top business brains.

A knockout competition, the series will follow our young hopefuls over the weeks as their fresh business ideas take shape and they do all they can to avoid elimination! The last three remaining contestants in the competition will battle it out in a Live Final, where the whole of Ireland will get the opportunity to cast their vote and award the prize to the best business idea....."

Sounds like a copy of those Donald Trump/Alan Sugar "Apprentice" (?) programmes.

ClubMan said:
Sounds like a copy of those Donald Trump/Alan Sugar "Apprentice" (?) programmes.

but with an RTé angle (only €25,000 up for grabs)....

Seems a bit measly alright but I assume it'll be the usual case of attracting people who actually just want to be on telly as opposed to being serious about starting a business. More "reality TV" crap that viewers/advertisers/producers seem to like.

ClubMan said:
Seems a bit measly alright but I assume it'll be the usual case of attracting people who actually just want to be on telly as opposed to being serious about starting a business. More "reality TV" crap that viewers/advertisers/producers seem to like.

yep , I would think so , how far is 25k going to get you in a new business (cover the business cards maybe)

Hmm there was a BBC2 program called the dragons lair, I think, where entrepeneur hopefuls came on looking for funding for new projects. They had to present their product/concept and got money or were thrown out...sounds like RTEs version.