The empirical evidence for man-made global warming

Interesting they get their facts wrong in the very first sentence of the evidence quoted: John Tyndall - an English physicist???

NASA launched this site a couple of weeks ago. Pretty much the best concise overview I've seen. It's also very open in terms of the "unknowns" and potential other causes. Or at least it doesn't dismiss them out of hand as some other sites do.

No hyperbole, just their own data and findings. Sadly, I doubt they'll win a Nobel Prize or an Oscar.

Just as a bit of background, it's NASA who do most of the accurate monitoring of temperature and are investing in even more. In addition, under Carl Sagan, first noted the effects of CO2 related global warming when studying Venus, so they've always been geared up for looking at and reviewing the data.

Is there any evidence of global warming based upon the laws of physics?

Empirical evidence is good to an extent, but what evidence is there based upon known and universally accepted laws of physics that -

1) Global warming exists.
2) Global warming was created by man and not a natural cycle.
3) Global Warming is harmful to humans, animals and plantlife.

I'm talking rational, proven beyond doubt, logically equations that global warming under the laws of physics exists, was created by us and is harmful?

I doubt all 3 can be logically and rationally determined by our current understanding of the laws of physics.....

Why do you doubt that?

Well yes! Of course I do.

If someone can explain fully by the laws of physics to my rational mind I may believe it.

To date I hear a lot of politicians, EU members and other people with a vested interest in the green agenda but I don't think anyone has credibally proven it based upon known and universally agreed laws of physics.

If this has been done I would be interested in hearing it. To say that the world is 'empirically getting warmer' isn't good enough to conclusively determine the 'true' cause and effect.

Back