the council and trees....

Killter

hi everybody
ive got large conifer trees in my garden.theyre quite big and i want them chopped but the council thinks that that will impact adversley on the surrounding landscape and wont let me cut them. is there any way i challenge this or get around it ,say for example the trees were to die off etc ?
any suggestions would be great.

Hi Killter,

Do you own the property? If so, what authority do they have to stop you cutting down some tree's or trimming them? If its a planning issue you can appeal to An Board Pleanala, they can overturn any local authority desicion. This is where builders generally appeal to when planning is denied by local authorities such as Fingal County Council (who never approve anything). Their website is http://www.pleanala.ie/, i hope this helps.

check with local authority if they have a protection order first, if they are on your property you should ve right to top them at least??

Any ideas on how to get the home owner behind a property to top trees that are blocking light??

funky girl said:
check with local authority if they have a protection order first, if they are on your property you should ve right to top them at least??

Any ideas on how to get the home owner behind a property to top trees that are blocking light??

Try polite conversation and hope they'll be nice about it! AFAIK you are only entitled to privacy but the right to light has been done away with. Unfortunately I think its entirely up to the owners of the trees.