The CHRISTMAS Thread!

Firefly

I know, I know...but IT'S COMING!!!

Yes, boys & girls, it's 51 days to Christmas.

Any preparations done by anyone now that Halloween is over?

Our tree is going up at the weekend The small one turned 3 last month and it's our first proper "Santa" Christmas and we're all go. Having my family round too and trying a Christmas cake and the "big" dinner for the first time this year (I'll be cooking/baking). Must say, I'm actually looking forward to it...plenty hot whikeys and mulled wine. Let the good times roll...

I bought Mr Newbie's christmas present today so that's one major task done. Time for a hot port before the next task!

Will there be a good dash or three of whiskey in this cake?

Absolutely..if they don't like it at least they'll be merry! Might have to do a whiskey tasting session this evening, you know, just so I put in the right type of whiskey and all that!

I've bought a couple of presents and hope to get a couple more at the weekend.

I have to say, though, that I think its waaaay too early to be putting up a Christmas tree.

I sometimes do the Christmas swim but I didn't do it last year

Proper hard-core to go swimming last winter

My local Dunnes have had christmas decorations for a few weeks now but went all out this week.

I have to say that there are a few cute santas and snowmen that I thought were super cute and may buy nearer the time. For one who doesn't put up a Christmas tree this is remarkable.

I have not heard any Christmas tunes yet but if I hear any in November, it's the staff I feel for not myself.

I was passing through Manchester airport last Sunday, and the duty free/tax free shop had a very Christmassy-sounding advertising jingle playing continously (advertising perfume if I recall). After hearing it several times as I waited for my flight, I was ready to pull the head off a reindeer, so I can't imagine how the staff felt, listening to it all day!

Mrs. Purple does all the Christmas shopping. She usually has it finished by the end of November.
I just have to cook for her family every Christmas (usually 15 or 16 of us for Christmas dinner) but I don’t mind as they are a great support to us all year.

I have to say, I love Christmas tunes, the cornier the better. 'Last Christmas' by Wham is an essential part of the festive season for me

I just bought two outdoor Christmas decoration from Lidl this morning. €15.99 each, a Santa and a reindeer, Mr Bubbly near fell over in shock as I wouldn't be one for such purchases. He then pointed out the same thing is €70 -100 in Woodies.

I've asked him to test them this weekend, I know they'll be left out once he'd done that, I have to sit on him to stop him putting decorations up in November!.

That's me going up to the attic tonight

Was driving on Pace road in Clonee this evening and saw a house with the Christmas decorations in the window...waaayyy to early,indeed so early I wondered were they last years decoration lights that someone just never took down?

Was driving on Pace road in Clonee this evening and saw a house with the Christmas decorations in the window...waaayyy to early,indeed so early I wondered were they last years decoration lights that someone just never took down?

Were they early Christmas lights or late Halloween lights? I spotted a few houses with pumpkin-coloured lights in windows this year.

Or maybe it's just a party! (hope so, it is indeed waaayyy too early!!)

Were they early Christmas lights or late Halloween lights? I spotted a few houses with pumpkin-coloured lights in windows this year.

Or maybe it's just a party! (hope so, it is indeed waaayyy too early!!)

They looked like your traditional Christmas lights,either very early for this year or very very late taking last years down.