the cheapest flights to the united states

seánieboy

Hi,
Myself and my girlfriend were thinking of going to the U.S. this autumn at the end of september and we spotted some deals with the delta.com website of around €370 but we were too slow to book them and now have gone to around €570. the question im asking is this : are there any other airlines going to the states with reasonable priced flights and would anyone know whats the best way of getting clean and cheap accomodation in the states. what we were thinking of doing was flying to new york, then hiring a car and going down towards pennsylvania, and then drive to washington and back to new york for some shopping over a period of about 2 weeks.

So if anyone knows the best way to go about planning this holiday id appreciate it gratefully

FYI - Aer Lingus were doing new york for around 180 + fuel surcharge 35 + fees 50 - just over 500 return

Bongo said:
FYI - Aer Lingus were doing new york for around 180 + fuel surcharge 35 + fees 50 - just over 500 return
That is very expensive. I got a flight on EI DUB-LAX for 350 return.

Shop around.

hi,

we booked our flights with gohop.ie, going in October, €350 each

We go flights to New York in November for €330 each with Aer Lingus. We booked before the fuel surcharge though which saved us €140 each. I looked at the above link for Continental Airlines and their fares look very good, I would say definitely check it out before you book anything.

Again as I've said before on AAM I've used US Airways twice going to Philadelphia and found them both cheap and very good.My mum went start of June for €300 return which was exceptional.
But as has been said-shop around.Delta,Continental,US Airways are all now competing against Aer Lingus on routes to the states

Hi Aer Lingus have cheap flights to Chicago at the moment for around 360euro return if you fancied that, it is a really nice city and plenty of shops and their shopping outlets also.

LIVERLIPS said:
Hi Aer Lingus have cheap flights to Chicago at the moment for around 360euro return if you fancied that, it is a really nice city and plenty of shops and their shopping outlets also.

Are you sure that isnt one-way? Been onto aerlingus.com looking for Chicago flights and the absolute cheapest I can find return is €600 after charges. This is also on days that don't suit...

Back