The biggest threat to recovery

dockingtrade

Listening to Jack O'Connor on the radio today (as I have been for months) & the news there's going to be another day of action on the 3rd, I honestly believe the biggest threat to the economic future of this country is Jack O'connor.

Also Jack speaks as if he represents the working people of this country. He represents his members only! I know many working people who are very angry with union actions. Im talking about ordinary workers here who have no right wing agenda

Listening to Jack O'Connor on the radio today (as I have been for months) & the news there's going to be another day of action on the 3rd, I honestly believe the biggest threat to the economic future of this country is Jack O'connor.

Also Jack speaks as if he represents the working people of this country. He represents his members only! I know many working people who are very angry with union actions. Im talking about ordinary workers here who have no right wing agenda

Jack is just one, admittedly loud and incoherent, member of the Brethren. It is the Brethren in general that are the threat.

No. The biggest threat to recovery is the Irish Government.

They made the wrong decisions in the boom and bubble, and are making wrong decisions now.
The Irish Government, their NAMA and bailing out their buddies is by far the biggest threat to recovery. Jack O Connor is simply doing his job in protecting Union members.

No. The biggest threat to recovery is the Irish Government.

They made the wrong decisions in the boom and bubble, and are making wrong decisions now.
The Irish Government, their NAMA and bailing out their buddies is by far the biggest threat to recovery. Jack O Connor is simply doing his job in protecting Union members.

Jack and his Brethren were part of the polit-bureau that ran the country while Bertie was “in charge”. He and guys like David Begg have had more power than most of the cabinet while Social(ist) Partnership was in play.

Jack and his Brethren were part of the polit-bureau that ran the country while Bertie was “in charge”. He and guys like David Begg have had more power than most of the cabinet while Social(ist) Partnership was in play.
Indeed. I agree fully.

Shouldn't the Government have been in charge? Who's fault was it that the Unions were calling the shots? Spineless cowards.

It wasn't the fault of the Unions. Their remit was to get as much perks, money and protection for their members as they could. Well that did that.

Indeed. I agree fully.

Shouldn't the Government have been in charge? Who's fault was it that the Unions were calling the shots? Spineless cowards.

It wasn't the fault of the Unions. Their remit was to get as much perks, money and protection for their members as they could. Well that did that.

I agree.

Their remit was to get as much perks, money and protection for their members as they could. Well that did that.

So why does Jack preach about a fair and equitable society? What about his members who have lost their jobs, who will probably have to take a bigger social welfare cut?

Anyways Im talking about right now we need to stablise or public finances and start promoting ourselves again. The unions arent helping.

So why does Jack preach about a fair and equitable society? What about his members who have lost their jobs, who will probably have to take a bigger social welfare cut?
Because he, like the rest of the fat cat brethren, are hypocrites.

Anyways Im talking about right now we need to stablise or public finances and start promoting ourselves again. The unions aren’t helping.
They don't understand economics, not because they are stupid but because they are blinded by their pseudo-Marxist dogma.

The unions arent helping.
So what should the Unions be doing then? Let the Government shaft their members?

The Unions are doing what they are being paid to do. You may think that union policies are the wrong thing for the country right now, but that's not the Union's problem, now is it?

Meanwhile, while we're bickering away about the public sector, unions and banks, the Government are laughing. Quietly working away in the background on their buddy-bail outs and NAMA.

So what should the Unions be doing then? Let the Government shaft their members?

The Unions are doing what they are being paid to do. You may think that union policies are the wrong thing for the country right now, but that's not the Union's problem, now is it?

Meanwhile, while we're bickering away about the public sector, unions and banks, the Government are laughing. Quietly working away in the background on their buddy-bail outs and NAMA.

If your Machiavellian conspiracy theory was true I would be delighted; it would be a solid sign of competence and planning, the first from the government as a whole.
Sadly I don’t think they would be up to such feats.

If your Machiavellian conspiracy theory was true I would be delighted; it would be a solid sign of competence and planning, the first from the government as a whole.
Sadly I don’t think they would be up to such feats.
You probably underestimate them. Consider Bertie - look what he 'achieved'. He even produced a book on it (does he qualify for artist's exemption).

These people have been able to assume positions of power. 'Native intelligence' could be the euphemism I'm looking for.

Back