The best city pass in New York?

Hatchetman

Heading to New York for 5 days around new years eve, whats the best passes available for visits to the usual tourist attractions and transport. I'll be staying at Madison Avenue.

I've used the New York Pass - http://www.newyorkpass.com/ before and found it good value - *if* you visit enough of the attractions, which is the key to these things.

Look at the list of places they cover and read the detail, remember that usually it's just a basic entry and if you want the extras you pay additionally.
e.g. Save $29 on Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum Ticket, but if you want the '4d' theatre show you pay extra;
or
Admission to the Empire State Building - 86th Floor Observatory is covered, however entrance to the 102nd Floor Observatory is available for an additional fee.

I second the Newyorkpass there are others but I found we saved the most on this. Some of the other ones are limited to say 3 or 4 attractions but this means you can visit as many as you like.

We got a 7 day pass and didn't use it as much as we could have.
However we did take advantage of all the instore discounts and also went to these. The pass cost $150.

We got a 7 day pass
Below are the attractions we went to and price per person
NY skyride $35
Radio city $18.50
Rock and Roll hall of fame $22
Top of the rock $20
NBC studio tour $18.50
Madame Tussauds $29
Intrepid $19.50
Empire State $20
Circle Line cruises $31

Total $213.50

Saving 63.50 each
The best bit was having the control of where ever we wanted to go money didn't have to limit us and we didn't have to be putting our hands in our pockets all the time.