The band 'MUSE' are brilliant: fact!

Caveat

I've always liked them but just blasting Absolution in the car this morning - jaysus it's mindblowing in parts.

Apocolypse Please - "This is the end, this iiis the end...of the wooorld!"

I'm telling you I nearly pulled the steering wheel out.

That Matt Bellamy guy is seriously talented - great vocalist (reasonable lyricist too) and fantastic guitarist & songwriter - he's only young too, the git.

I'd say they are great live - must catch them.

Black Holes and Revelations and HAARPBlack blew my head away.

I understand they played in Dublin not so long ago, sorry I missed it now.

I love most of their stuff but it was like some kind of epiphany or dawning this morning as to how good they really are - maybe it was that track in particular.

I'm nearly afraid to play it again as I don't want it to lose any power or magic!

I love most of their stuff but it was like some kind of epiphany or dawning this morning as to how good they really are - maybe it was that track in particular.

I'm nearly afraid to play it again as I don't want it to lose any power or magic!

Play it again.

They're great alright. Seen them a few times. I saw them in the point and they were brilliant - music was great and the light show was spectacular. I also saw them when they were less well known and they played the Temple Bar Music Centre. Great gig! Only a few hundred there.

But yeah - savage band.

They're my boyfriend's favourite live band and he's been to alloooottt of gigs, knights of cydonia is like their bohemian rhapsody, i love it!
you tube them playing it live in a studio (i think it was for radio one in england or something) amazing.

Saw them in the Olympia about 6 years ago i guess. Didn't really know them at the time and went along for the hell of it - absolutely rocking band. Talent oozing.

Never heard them before this. Easy enough to listen to. I get hints of ultravox and alan parsons project.

Never heard them before this. Easy enough to listen to. I get hints of ultravox and alan parsons project.

Are you referring to Northdrum's link to blackout?

If so, yes, I agree. I like the track but it isn't really typical of them though. They are generally much more proggy/symphonic.

Are you referring to Northdrum's link to blackout?

If so, yes, I agree. I like the track but it isn't really typical of them though. They are generally much more proggy/symphonic.

Great song though . . .

Just reviving this one - has anyone bought the The Resistance?

Not sure I want to. Thought that last single was awful - I don't know what they were thinking.

Is it some sort of homage/pastiche to 70s kitsch or is it just a bad lazy song?!

Speaking as a music fan and not a Muse fan, Resistance is a bit like all their albums for me. A few crackers but a lot of duffers too. But then most bands are like that, unless you are a real fan of them. But their crackers tend to be great tunes.

Speaking as a music fan and not a Muse fan, Resistance is a bit like all their albums for me.

A 'not Muse fan' who seemingly has all their albums?

Well I loved the last 3 anyway. Still undecided about this one as I really don't like the only evidence I've heard - I suppose I should buy it out of loyalty if nothing else!

I didn't buy them all but have heard them all.

Bought Black Holes and Resistance though.

But I hear they are the best band around to see live.

I was in Harvey Norman's a few weeks ago and they had a bit of serious music going full belt on an incredible sound system. I stood in front of it for the full duration of the song and afterwards one of the assistants told me it was The Muse on a compilation cd he'd made himself. He told me the name of it but I can't remember it. A pity because it was absolutely massive!