The Apprentice

She became pregnant by one of the biggest eejits on the show and had to quit! Subsequently she lost the baby and returned to her old company. Actually I don't think she'd ever given it up, just put it on hold for a year. Sugar only guarantees them a year's employment although he's kept the first winner on.

Its a great show, much better than anything on RTE

Which one Badger or Bust, or the Apprentice?

Watched the Apprentice the other night and witnessed Katie trying to flirt outrageously with Alan Sugar ....made my skin crawl! As usual she wished to kill someone in a cruel and unusual way. She never just gives out about anyone, she always has an idea of how they should die!

So what do AAMs think of Katie after tonights episode? In it for the gameplay although to give her credit she could have gone further.

Kristina seems to be the favourite or just the best all rounder?

Apprentice was great last night. Did anyone watch the program on BBC2 after the apprentice where they brought on the fired contestants...it was really good. Some multimillionairess tore strips off of Katie.

It's a bit rich that she got to this stage of the competition without talking to her parents in connection with looking after her children and making plans for what she would do if she won. As far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't really matter if she has to move too far away from her parents for them to help look after her children. On a salary of £100,000 she could afford a full time nanny.

I think it's an indication that she was more interested in getting into the show and getting her 15 minutes of fame than in actually getting the job.

What surprised me last night was that only one of the 5 had bothered to do any real research into Alan Sugar's business interests. People got pulled up over that in the first and second series, so surely it's an obvious thing to do a little homework on the companies that make up his empire, what they do, and something about their turnover.

Can't believe he gave yer man the job!!!!!
Me neither. Think his building looked like 3 willies! Kristina isn't just going to melt into the background somewhere like most of the other applicants tho, I'm sure that the skills she's shown over the last 12 weeks will mean that she'll be able to have her pick of any number of jobs/companies.

More than can said for that back stabber Katie!

I think he would have really preferred to hire Christina but suspect he was put off a bit by her being a single parent

why would her parenthood put him off her? sure her child was a teenager?

the other guy i thought was younger, very bright and easily lead - and i think he would hang around and not leave Suger for a number of years, however i think that the girl would always be thinking - i have 10 years of this before i chilax and so be open to being poached by other companies. I think she will do better out of it in the long run.

If Katie was a guy and behaved in the same manner would folks be so quick to bury her? I wonder.

Christina will be snapped up. Was gobsmacked he picked yer man...in the after-show he looked as if he'd chosen the wrong person when he saw Christina's highlights. Katie got slated proper by Sir Alan.

Another stellar performance by Francis

why would her parenthood put him off her?

just the impression I got - on a few occasions during the series he made reference to her 'difficult circumstances', and then again last night. I got the idea this was a niggle for him.

If Katie was a guy and behaved in the same manner would folks be so quick to bury her? I wonder.

Yeah - think you're right there - it's like the old classic 'business' joke: "women gossip, but men network"

Yes, you're right.

Last night, in the after show (You're Fired - I think its called), was the first time Katie seemed upset by it all. In fairness it's her own doing, but if it were a man I dont think it would have gotten as much attention.

She hung herself in last weeks task - when asked what lengths she would go to get what she wanted, she replied any lengths and said that she'd lied and cheated to get someone else's husband! The pix in the paper looked soooo staged. She must have known she was being photographed, most people earning £90k a year would book a room!!

Except apparently, she wasn't actually earning £90K. That was from the BBC news website in the article they talked about her being sacked, but they didn't say how much she was earning.

When you look back to the start of the series , you would be hard pushed to employ any of them - which does not say a lot about the selection process .

But then people tell me BB is full of such people.

Christina was very good at sales - but that was not what SAS wanted. He wanted an all rounder that he could mould . Christina was not for moulding.
She is already moulded.