The Algarve

I was in Alvor about 10 years ago. It was a lovely, quaint and quiet fishing village. There were lots of restaurants to eat in and there are lovely beaches nearby also. If i was to re-visit the algarve, I would head straight to Alvor!!

I was in Alvor last May. Lovely place. It still feels small and undeveloped. Great seafood restaurants down near the harbour. Takes about 1hr 20 mins from Faro airport direct. It was a DIY holiday for a week. I stayed in the Pestana Delphim Hotel on the hill which is 5 mins from the beach.

lagos is brill. town with plenty of beaches nearby. know people who prefer luz as its ony about 5 miles further.

was in alvor about 3 yrs ago, we rented a car and went to a few different places but found that Alvor had the best beach. much nice that pria de rocha.

I was in Alvor about 18 months ago with a heavily pregnant wife. Lovely place, quiet, can't remember the name of the complex but it was about 10 minutes from the town centre. Not a large town, narrow streets but plenty of character. Plenty of nice places to eat. About 1hr 15min to 1hr 30min from airport depending on drop offs before. Depending on the type of holiday, if a quiet relaxing one is on the agenda, I would definitely recommend it.

a2btransfers.com and resorthoppa.com both have shuttle bus transfers to lagos from faro airport. if you are hiring a car in lagos I hired of www.luzcar.com and found them very reasonable.

Luternau - I was looking at Hotel Delim - presume this was same place you stayed. What was it like?
Also, while I am looking for nice relaxing holiday we would also like a couple of big nights out - does Alvor cater for this too?

Luternau - I was looking at Hotel Delim - presume this was same place you stayed. What was it like?
Also, while I am looking for nice relaxing holiday we would also like a couple of big nights out - does Alvor cater for this too?

Hotel Delphim Pestana?If so, its the same place.I was on the 14th floor and only one lift was working so it was a bit chaotic. Breakfast buffet was fab. There is a driving range in the hotel complex if you have the clubs with you. Get a sea view room-well worth the extra money. It has a massive pool, entertainment every night if into hotel cabaret-I am not. For some reason Alvor has a lot of Irish themed bars, so there are lively places for those nights out. The beach is fab-and only 5-10mins walking garden and vegetation.