The 300 Cohort - are we there yet? - Postman Watch

Digidaz

As suggested by Brendan - Perhaps we use this thread to identify if anyone receives their follow up letter from AIB - After the 2 month period with the final cheque and details of mortgage updates etc.

I see someone else has posted that they contacted AIB, letters were posted on Friday so we should expect this this week...

I contacted AIB and they confirmed posted late Friday .. nothing received yet . My account is closed so got full FSPO cheque - unsure what this letter will bring .. would not discuss over phone with me

I contacted AIB and they confirmed posted late Friday .. nothing received yet . My account is closed so got full FSPO cheque - unsure what this letter will bring .. would not discuss over phone with me
It is supposed to bring a full breakdown of the calculations and highlight any difference between Fspo figure and central bank figure. It should provide a Cheque with an amount comprised of any difference between two calculation (if positive) plus a contribution towards any professional financial advice plus compensation (if any)- I think Brendan initially thought this might be in the region of 15% (of interest I assume) but this may not be the case.

So it appears we received all back in Aug. Our mortgage is a closed. No change in our interest rate.
IMG-20201104-WA0004.jpg

Attachments

• 20201104_130050.jpg
    20201104_130050.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
same as cars510 we received a payment towards independent advice of €1,230 as the FSPO settlement in September was in excess of the TME calculation They have indicated that they based the calculation at the ECB rate plus a margin of 1.74%. I wasn't sure whether that was the applicable rate at the time ? The comparative analysis is fairly brief to be fair as to the way it was calculated - no real way to challenge the way they calculated the TME benefit - suppose that's what the €1,230 is for !

Back