That Dunphy "McDonalds" advert

MeathCommute

Hi. I'm sure everyone has seen this abomination by now. I think it's absolutely terrible. Dunphy is a great personality, and he should have been used a lot better in this advert. That word "baby" has to go down in folklore when it comes to the great rows between the RTE panel. However, in the advert he says "baby" in a very snappy, impatient way. I seem to remember when he was rowing with Chippy Brady he used the word "baby" in a funnier context, with a big smile on his face ! I dunno, maybe it's just me. I think there was a very obvious catchphrase that they could have used here. "It's not a good burger, it's a great burger". Would that not have been better ?

That's a good post MeathCommute but you wouldn't be able to drive the train to Cork

It makes me smile.

Smile at the spectacle of Dunphy shilling for McDonalds.

And, as for saying "it's a great burger", would that not be false advertising :D ?

They could have had him staggering out of Reynards and then throwing his pencil across Grafton Street in frustration because McD's is closed!

Sorry but I haven't a clue what you are talking about !

Need to brush up on your Dunphyisms

He once said Ronaldo was good but could he drive the train to Cork

And Jaap Staam had the turning circle of a tractor. So calling him slow

Or making a laugh of John Hartsons backside when he was overweight

Dunphy has lots more :)

And all this thread and nobody brought up "tired and emotional". Ye don't remember that incident?

And all this thread and nobody brought up "tired and emotional". Ye don't remember that incident?

Very good. I was slow to spot that all of those comments came from The Dunph.
I don't remember "tired and emotional" live at the time, as didn't it happen at a ridiculous hour on a Sunday morning, if memory serves me correct ?
Incidentally is there even a YouTube clip of Dunphy being "tired and emotional" ?

Back