Thanksgiving in New York

Hel_n

Hi

I have booked a holiday to New York for Thanksgiving. Does anyone have any tips on how to make the most of this? I will be there from Tues 21 to Sun 26 inc.

The sales start at Thanksgiving so I would recommend that you try (I know it'll be hard!) to not do much shopping until the end of the week, you'll get so much more for your money if you wait. Do all the other things early on in the week, eg, Empire State, Central Park, Rockefeller Centre, loads of tours and trips that you can do, you could never get bored in New York. Check out www.nyc.com to book tours etc. It will be very busy in NY at this time so I would recommending pre-booking Empire State in particular, the queues can get pretty manic.

I have been to Ney York before so I have done a lot of the sights, there is still more that I would love to see but is just not possible to squeeze it all into a few days!

I was looking for things more specific to Thanksgiving, thanks for the shopping tips though. Like I plan on watching Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and i was just wondering if there was other events that would be worth going to while I'm there...

Oh sorry, I hadn't realised you been there before. I did a quick search on it and found these for you.... Let it be known that I am very jealous of you!

[broken link removed]

HTH

Thanks for those links Roxy I just checked them out. God I'm all excited now again I just wish i didn't have to wait so long!

Well at least you're booked and going! :p You had me on ebookers half the afternoon trying to convince myself that I can afford it, Needless to say - I can't! Its not that long away for you at all, think of poor me, I've to wait for my SSIA next YEAR till I go away!

Ok I have to stop now and remember that I actually wanted a mortgage!

Definately go to Woodbury COmmon - upsate NewYork. The place to get all your designer gear at factory outlet prices

definitly don't go to woodbury common - much better choice in the main shops in the city if they're at sale prices - the trip alone to and from woodbury common makes it so painful and the shops aren't that good - lots of last year designs or end of line stuff in odd sizes.

Jersey gardens is a much better option than woodbury common. It takes about 30 mins on the bus from port authority and it cost about 9 dollars return. woodbury is over an hour away and cost about 35 dollars.

definitly don't go to woodbury common - much better choice in the main shops in the city if they're at sale prices - the trip alone to and from woodbury common makes it so painful and the shops aren't that good - lots of last year designs or end of line stuff in odd sizes.

I wouldn't agree with that - went to NYC two years ago just after Thanksgiving - thought the range and price of the stuff in Woodbury was excellent - the drive is a bit long but I hired a car and drove up which also meant we could stay as long as we liked in Woodbury

I went to Woodbury Common last time and I loved it. I think its worth the hours drive and the scenery along the way is nice too. I don't know if I'll go there this time though, it takes up a full day and as nai said if there is sales in the city I can still get designer gear at knock down prices. I would be interested in hearing what people think of Jersey Gardsens? I have heard it is better that WC but I wasn't too impressed when I looked it up on the net.

Hel_n said:
I went to Woodbury Common last time and I loved it. I think its worth the hours drive and the scenery along the way is nice too. I don't know if I'll go there this time though, it takes up a full day and as nai said if there is sales in the city I can still get designer gear at knock down prices. I would be interested in hearing what people think of Jersey Gardsens? I have heard it is better that WC but I wasn't too impressed when I looked it up on the net.

Im not a fan of jersey gardens. If your like me and you want your label labels like hugo boss, armani exchange, DKNY, etc woodbury common I feel is much better.
Loads of people told me to do Jersey Gardens, and I did 2 years ago and hated it, got nothing. Went to woodbury common this year and spend a fortune and got loads of great stuff.

Back