Thailand Security

Tuesday

Hi,
Can anyone give me the lowdown with the present security situation in Thailand?
We planned to travel from Cambodia to Bangkok and from Bangkok to Singapore in May/June but I heard that there are some real security concerns especially in the southern provinces. I also heard Bankok is not safe at the moment.
There is a warning posted in the Irsh foreign affairs website:
[broken link removed]
The Austrailian government also issued a warning....
Is this threat strong enough for us to avoid thailand altogether...and change our travel plans?
All advice welcome!

Advice has always been to avoid travelling south of Surat Thani so best to travel to Singapore by air.

that warning was issued in September during the bloodless coup (thailand has a coup every few years) - from what i know there is very little danger in Bangkok (other than the usual things to be aware of) and you should be safe anywhere on the islands but it is generally best to avoid the very south of the country

For what it's worth there are no current travel advisories for Thailand on the [broken link removed].

No problems here in Bangkok.
Just stay clear of the of the provinces that border Malaysia (Yala,Songkla,Pattani etc etc).

[broken link removed]

I have been in Bangkok several times over the last 3 month and there were no problems.

I think the risk of bombs like the in December are as high in Bangkok as they are in London or New York.

As Thailand said, just stay clear of the trouble provinces and you are fine.

Very nice country, friendly, cheapish and extremly good shopping centers in Bangkok.