Thailand - How to start

Mely

Hey guys,

I've heard so many Irish people going off to Thailand for a holiday.
Is it expensive to get there. Who do i book through & where would the best places to stay?

Thanks

A good place to start is Trailfinders. While we book all our US travel ourselves, we use Trailfinders for Asia as they seem to have great fares and hotel deals.

Basically it's cheapest when the weather could be bad (around September) and is particularly pricey around Christmas.

Flights start at around €700. Hotels are really cheap out there too. You can get 5* hotels for the price of a B&B here. There are cheaper hotels too but if I'm going all that way and luxury is affordable then luxury it is!

As for where to visit, Bangkok is a must, it's an experience. I loved it though I know others who didn't quite fall in love with it. After that it's a matter of whether you want to take internal flights and head to the islands, or travel overground to either Pattaya or Hua Hin.

bangkok is a great city.lots to see and do.

if your heading to islands, i would suggest staying away from the more popular islands, such ko samuai etc. The islands nearer the Cambodian border are quiter , cleaner with better beaches e.g. ko chang. although less infrastructure.

lovely people. bring mozzie repelents and rehydration tablets and other medicines to treat mild to severe diarrhea. also for constipation.

sounds nasty but its all worth it.

best of luck.