Texting-amount of data sent?

samspuds

Does anyone know if mobile phone companies change the standard amount of data which can be sent in a text when you change your text tarriff? The reason I ask is that I have changed tarriff to avail of more "free" texts but I now seem to be asked more than usual to send two texts when I send.

Thanks
Sammy

Leo said:
SMS texts are limited to 160 standard ascii characters.

There may be an option in your phone to not allow you to send a multi-part message, i.e. to beep or stop accepting input when you reach 160 characters, rather than keep going and then ask you to send it as 2 messages at the end. If you see what I mean.

MonsieurBond said:
There may be an option in your phone to not allow you to send a multi-part message, i.e. to beep or stop accepting input when you reach 160 characters, rather than keep going and then ask you to send it as 2 messages at the end. If you see what I mean.

Or at least give a count of how many characters you've used so far, and how many you've left in a single message. A lot of Nokias have this display.

Why not send you messages in MMS format instead of SMS , you'll be charged 19c and you can send 1000's of characters !!!!!!

Back