Text size on web pages

rapid

Can anyone help me to change the text size on web pages? I use Internet Explorer 6.0 on Windows XP Professional.

I have tried to change the sizes by going to View / text size, but it only changes a small portion of the text on most web pages. I have also tried by holding down the control key and moving the wheel on my mouse.

Any help appreciated.

I would ahve thought the view/text size option would be the only way on IE6.

You could try mozilla and press control + and - to do exactly what you want.

edit: the mozilla way doesnt work either. It must only be bare text and not banners/gifs/pics etc

You could try changing the screen resolution - maybe to 800 * 600 - but this might cause some sites not to fit on the screen?
Right click on the desktop - choose Properties then select "settings" to alter the display size. Might work - might not. You can always set it back again if it's no good.

Unfortunatly rapid, it's not the browser or operating system, it's the way the webs pages are created. The majority of pages have created with specific sizes for the text embedded in the code, meaning you can't change the size using the View/Text Size menu option (although this is slowly changing).

Some sites take their accessability quite seriously though, is a good example

S.

Back