text messaging

dollyclare

When I try and send a text message I always get this"text message failed-stop".I have checked all settings,credit etc.Do I need to ring for it to be enabled or what?please

Are you sure that the SMS message service centre number is correctly configured?

Somewhere in your phone settings is a number to which all SMS text messages are sent for onward distribution to the recipient. This is the SMS message centre number. Where this is configured depends on your specific make and model of handset. If this number is not configured or is wrong then text messageing will not work. Your mobile phone operator can provide you with the correct message centre number. It may even be on their website. Did text messaging work before and, if so, what changed between then and now that it has stopped working?

Hi

Assuming your set up correctly, try deleting old items from your sent & deleted folders - see if this helps, also stand in a strong signal area and try sending.

Hope this helps

Cheers

G>

thanks clubman.Its not actually my phone so I'll have to check it out.I'm sure the sms never worked.When I get hold of the make and model I'll check the website.Thanks again

Back