Text messaging bundles?

tomthumb

A friend suggested I text a certain number and that I would get 200 text messages for something like 6 or 8 euro? Anyone ever used this (not sure if I can give the number here?) and got them? I'm afraid its a rip off (yep I know - my friends have a funny sense of humour) and that its going eat my credit but if it were genuine, well then, it would be good? thanks

Re: text messaging

I think I heard of something akin to this being a scam. Does your mobile SP not offer text bundles at reduced rates?

Re: text messaging

Not necessarily a scam - [broken link removed] sell text bundles of 200 texts for €12 (€0.06 each) or 100 for €8 (€0.08 each) if that's what you mean. You can buy these online or by texting a number as outlined on their page. Maybe other operators do something similar. I don't know.

Spot on - checked out the Vodafone site and it is the exact same number so its actually Vodafone itself so got me 200 text for 12 euro. Brillitant cos I never realised that and at least my friend was actually being nice ..... this time! Thanks folks!!!

Use those bundles with Vodafone all the time and they are great. Terms and conditions are not too strict either because they presently don't have a strict expiry date.

You should also register with the Vodafone website and register up to three Friends for less numbers to get discounted rates on calls and texts to commonly used numbers.

Meteor also sell bundles of [broken link removed] (€0.05 each). But they have to be used within 30 days of purchase. I suppose 'heavy users' would go through 5 a day without too much trouble...

Got an SMS the other day.......

"1000 free 3G phones to test the new O2 network - 1800 938100"

Sounds like a scam to me?

Wasn't that the number that was being sent around which was actually the number of some male impotence clinic in Dublin? [broken link removed] (contains profanities and puerile comments in case you're sensitive - or partial - to that sort of thing) seems to mention that scam too.

HTML:
Use those bundles with Vodafone all the time and they are great. Terms and conditions are not too strict either because they presently don't have a strict expiry date.
The only thing is if you are on bill pay, you can't carry forward any unused texts to the next month as I found out!

Jaysus I'm surprised I can actually read the thread (that CM linked to).....use proper words!!!