Test the Nation

Gordanus

probably says more about my IQ than I'd like, but I didn't get the scoring system for this last night. Were you supposed to add your age score to your actual test score? Or what?

The coloured grid at the bottom ie (pink if 30-39) changed as the score in the top left went up, so you watched for your score in the corner, and then saw what the coloured grid said at that point.

I have an IQ of 135+ according to the test.... absolutely gutted!
Thought it'd be WAAAAY more than that!

Any chance of RTE actually making an original programme? That programme, yet another copy of something British. I wouldn't bother tuning into something like that.

Does this help?

You can play it online here

[broken link removed]

and the answers are here (link with misspelling is right!)

[broken link removed]

The coloured grid at the bottom ie (pink if 30-39) changed as the score in the top left went up, so you watched for your score in the corner, and then saw what the coloured grid said at that point.

Yeah, I got that - but do you then add them together? The addition gave me a figure way above what my (real) IQ tests at school gave me.

Yeah, I got that - but do you then add them together? The addition gave me a figure way above what my (real) IQ tests at school gave me.

No, when the counter in the top left corner incremented to your score (i.e. number of correctly answered questions out of seventy) immediatly scan down to the rows of numbers at the bottom of the screen.

Scan across the top row of numbers to the age bracket you fall into (e.g. 20-29, 30-39, etc.). The number in the box directly below your corresponding age bracket in the bottom row is/was your IQ. No addition of any of the numbers was required.

Any chance of RTE actually making an original programme? That programme, yet another copy of something British. I wouldn't bother tuning into something like that.

Couldn't agree more....RTE are really testing the nation on that score. I'm sick of watching rehashes!