Tesco Top Up Faults

roker

I tried to top up my wife’s Tesco mobile on line today using her debit card, I kept getting a message “Verification Failed” so I tried a few more times thinking I had the verified by Visa data information wrong, I then tried with my own card a few times with the same results. I then phoned Open 24 who informed me that I had €20 several times payment pending from Tesco amounting to €180. Nothing was added to the phone credit. TSB told me they cannot stop the transactions and to contact Tesco telling them to contact their merchant bank with the transaction numbers they gave me. Tesco told me that nothing could be done until after 3 working days to see if they pay or cancel the transactions.
Meanwhile through a fault on Tesco’s software, I have no credit on her phone, and my bank balance is down, if it was the minimum in my account the account would be blocked for the week end.
If I do not get satisfaction, does this come under the Financial Regulator or COMREG?

So you tried topping up 9 times in a row then,if the amount is 180 euro.Did you not think something was wrong after say the 2nd or 3rd failed attempt and stop there?

You have more chance of seeing Santa Claus land on your roof than Comreg comming to your rescue swiftly.

Wait the 3 days and get on the phone to Tesco again.Tesco sorted me out in a similar situation last year.Waited the 3 working days,phoned them back,got the problem sorted and then had a full refund back into my bank acount by the Friday/end of the working week.

Back