Tesco schoolbags literally falling apart.

angela59

Hi there,

Bought two new schoolbags in Tesco end of August, cost E15 each they were the courier type ones. It is now end of October and yesterday I had to go out and buy two new ones the other ones literally were falling apart. Did anyone have a similar experience with Tesco schoolbags?

Re: Tesco schoolbags

Hi Clubman,

Yes, I phoned up customer service yesterday and told them of bag saga. I don't have the receipt any longer as with grocery shopping receipts I don't tend to hold on to them, I was told by Tesco that the most I could receive back was E3 to E4 as I didn't have a receipt. I will be landing the bags back to Tesco next week when I do weekly shop again.

Last edited:
Re: Tesco schoolbags

Do you have any proof of purchase - e.g. credit/debit card statements etc.?

Hi Clubman,

Yes I normally pay by debit card - laser and the amount would be on bank statement - I could try this route to get full refund - good thinking but knowing Tesco they'll say because the item is not specified but worth a try! Thanks clubman

Hi Clubman,

Yes I normally pay by debit card - laser and the amount would be on bank statement - I could try this route to get full refund - good thinking but knowing Tesco they'll say because the item is not specified but worth a try! Thanks clubman

Do you have a tesco clubcard? If so it should be registered on that.

Don't know if you do shopping on line but if you do have account and used your clubcard when purchasing the schoolbags then they should appear listed in "my favourites" when you log on.

Just to update,

Brought bags back to Tesco yesterday, I asked them to dispose of them and I got a refund of E8.00 out of E30.00 which isn't bad - the reason for E8.00 because they had been reduced in price by 75% - I was glad to get something back.

Angela59

What did you use as proof of purchase in the end? Are you saying that they were reduced from €30 to €7.50 and you got €5 for each refunded?

Hi Clubman,

I had no proof of purchase - other than they are tesco branded bags and I had spoken to hardware manager previously. They had been reduced by 75% so because I didn't have proof - they gave me goodwill gesture of E4.00 per bag - if I did have receipt I would have gotten full amount back.

Back