Tesco Santry...

jdwex

Why do they insist on putting someone underage on the express/basket queue? It means that if you just buy a bottle of wine and one or two other things, you have to queue in the main checkouts..grumble...

Couldn't be as bad as Tesco Stillorgan (which I was in today). A complete hole. Not far behind comes Tesco Sandymount.

jdwex said:
Why do they insist on putting someone underage on the express/basket queue?
What do you mean under age? I presume they are not employing child labour?

I think the staff in Tesco Santry are the rudest and most dis-interested (in doing their job) I have ever come across particulary at the "customer service" desk. I never go into that hole anymore. I've been overcharged there as well a number of times and when I complained/asked for a refund they were extremely unhelpful. Their fruit and veg/dairy also goes out of date very quickly.

Danmo said:
I think the staff in Tesco Santry are the rudest and most dis-interested (in doing their job)
I do wonder about the managers there. They changed the layout in the shop last year but didn't bother changing the overhead signs (for the different food areas) for weeks. Putting underage staff on the express checkout is just plain stupid.

Have you complained directly to the management of the store and/or Tesco Ireland, if so, how did you get on?

has anyone ever been to tesco clarehall around 10pm its crazy all the checkout people close the tills at the same time leaving one or two open and tell people to go down to the self service and do it themselves its unfair to the customers and unfair to the two people left on the tills

ClubMan said:
Have you complained directly to the management of the store and/or Tesco Ireland, if so, how did you get on?
I said something to the customer desk-and some excuse was proffered

I complained at customer service. After that if I went buy cigarettes there she tells me they are out of stock - of at least three brands! I think it's on purpose so she wouldn't have to serve me. I just don't go there anymore.

I've just forwarded the link to this thread to the customer service at tesco so I will let you know if I get a reply (not holding out any hope!)

Tesco have a complaints board where you fill in a card. Which I did twice. The card has a commitment that you can choose to be written to in a week or phoned within three days regarding your complaint. Maybe I have those deadlines wrong but there is some commitment like that. On both occasions I filled in those cards in Tesco Wilton (their flagship Munster store more or less) and got no reply either time.
The funniest card I have saw up there was a card someone filled in demanding to be contacted about the previous 5 cards they had filled in. Quite ironic i thought.

Reply from tesco customer serivce:-

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your feedback. It is
always disappointing when a customer has cause to complain about any aspect
of our operation.

I have passed your comments onto the Management team of each of the stores
you have mentioned & I am sure that they will be in contact with you
shortly.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any service in the
future.

In Tesco Rathfarnham last week a member of staff was literally throwing the apples into the display boxes. I asked another member of staff nearby if there was anyone in charge of fruit & veg. He said yes and pointed to the apple thrower. I said I don't believe you - he is firing the apples in and the response was a nodding of the head as if to say yep - that's the norm. I asked if there was a manager on duty. "There is a manager but he usually goes at about 5pm". The chap I was talking to seemed pretty disillusioned. Had a discussion later that week with friends both of whom said they have totally given up on Tesco.
I totally agree with above poster on their fruit and veg being close to out of date. I used to buy some there but have decided now to do all fruit and veg shopping in greengrocers in Ballyroan. I pay a little bit more but the quality is superb and the service is excellent. No contest. That's easily €20 per week gone from my Tesco shopping bill.

I must tell you all about some of the stuff that we used to get up to working in Quinnsworth, Roselawn, D15 as teenagers in the late 70s/early 80s but maybe not today... :D

No there's a thread, Dunnes Stores in Donaghmead shopping centre and Superqiunn Sutton was where I "worked".

In Tesco Rathfarnham last week a member of staff was literally throwing the apples into the display boxes.
Similar thing the other evening in Dunnes (Rathmines)... boxes of biscuits being thrown about ten feet from a service trolley to the location in the aisle where the stacker was going to shelve them. I'd say most of them were crumbs...

Re: Tesco Maynooth

In Tesco Maynooth yesterday, they had no shopping bags available beyond the plastic ones @15c each. I was told there was none of the non-plastic bags in the entire store.

Recently I was standing at the check-out in another supermarket - none of the majors - when behind me, a member of staff was tearing open twin packs of special offer biscuits and putting them out on the shelf for individual sale. In the past I've also seen bags from multipacks of crisps put on display with the "not for individual sale" sticker clearly visible.

Re: Tesco Maynooth

Ash said:
Recently I was standing at the check-out in another supermarket - none of the majors - when behind me, a member of staff was tearing open twin packs of special offer biscuits and putting them out on the shelf for individual sale. In the past I've also seen bags from multipacks of crisps put on display with the "not for individual sale" sticker clearly visible.

I hates that. Tight ripping off shopkeepers. They will continue to get away with it as no-one cares about them splitting multipacks. I recently called coca cola who say they can't do anything if someone is splitting multipacks of coke and other soft drinks.

Back