Tesco Personal Finance

Noilheart

I've just visited the Tesco Personal Finance website and noticed that the loan section/ loan calculator has been removed. I wonder does this mean that Tesco are no longer offering loans or are they doing it through some other website?

Agree with the above, came to light recently that they are no longer doing loans

So this/last year 3 alternative lenders to the big banks have gone out of the irish market.

GE Money (which also provided the AnPost loans)
MBNA
Tesco

So that leaves you with the standard banks and Friends First via Rabo.

Given that Tesco had the best rates arround, MBNA was the easiest to get (if you had a card) and GE had a good flexi loan product that is overall bad news, or?

Tesco are no loss in my opinion. Too slow in processing applications , anything from 4-6 weeks drom application to drawdown. They are only intermeditaries for UB anyway so it was much better to apply directly to them.

They are not offering loans at this time.

See here.

I check the link thanks CCOVICH but it does not indicate that Tesco have stopped giving out their wonderful cheap loans, only that they are picky. I got a 3-year loan from them and was happy with it. It did take a while to process though. But I wonder are they still offering the loans through a different website?

Seems you applied just in time, after today (Fri 13th Feb) they are closed to new loans.

See here:

[broken link removed]

thanks for that CCOVICH.

By the way Askalot, i didn't make it clear - I got the loan a while ago and now its repaid, but I'm looking for another one for car and home improvements. Tesco had the lowest rate so would have picked them again if I could. I guess the credit union is the only place now.