Tesco Loan and Credit Rating

Louise77

Bit of advice needed please folks.
Have a tesco loan and it was working great until I changed from BOI to AIB. The loan defaulted in September (when I changed over banks), then I spoke to their customer service advisors in October. They said it was fixed and the next payment would come out on time.
Novembers payment did not come out of my AIB account either - again I rang them and sent them up documentation and they confirmed that it would come out of my account in December as planned.
Just rang them today, and they said that December's loan amount defaulted again, and that January's probably would as well as they would not be able to correct it in time!! Absolutlely disgraceful if you ask me.

Anyways, my question is - this clearly impacts my credit rating (4 months defaulting due to their fault) - shalll I ask them for a letter to confirm it was their fault - so if it comes up on a credit rating I can have a comeback?

BTW, I'm paying off the entire amount in January as I've had enough with Tesco Loans - shocking and disgraceful service despite having the lowest APR

Thanks for your help
L

Do you mean that the lender was trying to collect the payment from the old (closed?) account even after you informed them that you were switching banks? Did you actually do this in writing or through the normal IBF account switching process? Who is at fault here - you, your original bank, your new bank or the lender? If the problem is not yours then you should fight to get your ICB records amended or at least annotated with additional explanatory info. You need to identify who is primarily responsible for the problem and make a formal complaint in writing. If you don't get satisfaction having exhausted their complaints process then you could try the [broken link removed].

I am a bit confused do you have a standing order set up on the new AIB account and AIB are not paying out. If this is the case it has nothing to do with Tesco its the AIB's fault.

Do you have a direct debit on the AIB account and Tesco are not putting in for the payment?
Did you sign a new SO/DD with the AIB when you changed?
Whos customer service advisors did you speak to?

I would get this cleared up first and then write to the ICB requesting a copy of your credit report. If the 4 arrears show up then contact the AIB/Tesco and get them to write to the ICB amending your report to show the 4 payments made on time (when they are all paid)

NOTE with a standing order Tesco have NO access to your bank account they rely on the bank to send the repayment.

With a direct debit Tesco DO have access and should be able to take the payement.

Why am I not surprised the bank call centre staff are totally incompetent? I've been put in a similar situation twice in the past due to the call centre staff saying they've done something when they haven't...

They just want to get you off the phone.

I would ring up and ask to speak to a supervisor. Get them to pull the calls (everything is recorded and stored) so they can see the proof themselves, and get them to write a letter which you can fax to Tesco.

If you have problems with Tesco Loans- you need to write directly to Ulster Bank who are 'behind' the loans. It's even a freepost address...

Ulster Bank
FREEPOST
Customer Relations
Retail Markets
PO Box 145
Dublin 2
Alternatively you can telephone the Unit on 01 7025351

[broken link removed]

You will get standardised responses via letter and phone from their Belfast call centre- ensure you write down name of any individual(s) you speak with and also request copy of the taped telephone conversations you have with them. They don't like to issue same! They also don't like writing- so ensure you ask for any response to be issued in writing- and repeat this request a few times in your conversation so they cannot say later that they were confused about what you wanted!

Hi i came across your post and im having MAJOR problems with tesco loans. In nov we missed a payment rang the ulster bank number that was on the letter. Anyway after loads of hassil we decided to pay the loan off. Rang and got settlment figure, got a bank draft and posted it this was on the 5th dec on 11th dec checked my bank and they had taken out the payment so rang them as once you get a settlment figure its good for a couple of weeks. They said they didnt get the draft and to ring back in a week. Rang back on 16th still no sign told to give it another few days. Rang back again and they said we would have to get a new draft they couldnt find the other one. My bank put a tracker on the draft and we found out last week that the draft had been processedby ulster on the 14th of dec. Rang them again and o yeah we have it your due a refund, (interest,pay pretection, and the payment they took). They send us the cheque and then cancell it. We are getting nowhere with this iv sent formal complaint letters today. Any advice? We will never have anthing to do with either of them again.
Thanks Tina