Tesco Life Assurance - still waiting for bonus points...

Midsummer

Hi - has anyone taken out Tesco Life Assurance (or other financial products) ? I signed up in September for Life Assurance (underwritten by Hibernian) having seen the ad for 2000 Tesco points. It's only worth €20 in vouchers but still it's where I shop most so it would be worth a bottle of wine (or 2). Also the life assurance was a good quote.

Anyway 4 months later and lots of phonecalls later I'm still waiting for my points. Everytime I ring Tesco clubcard helpline (to check the balance) I'm told to ring Hibernian. Eventually I was told it would go on my balance in December, then January - checked today and still nothing. Was put through to the life assurance dept. in the UK who hadn't a clue what I was on about. Rang Hibernian again (literally about the 5th time) and am waiting for someone to get back to me.

I'm absolutely fed up with it esp. just for the sake of the 2000 points but now it's just the point - obviously the administration isn't organised for awarding the points easily but they shouldn't advertise it so heavily then ! I really just want to give up... I suppose that most people would just forget.

I'm absolutely fed up with it esp. just for the sake of the 2000 points but now it's just the point - obviously the administration isn't organised for awarding the points easily but they shouldn't advertise it so heavily then ! I really just want to give up... I suppose that most people would just forget.
i understand why you would be frustrated by this, but if you feel that the amount of points doesn't justify the time and effort that you've spent then mabye you should just let it go.

In a similar situation, when I signed up for Sky, my dad referred me so he could get the €75 of M&S vouchers they offered for referring friends and family. They had me signed up very quickly, but as far as those vouchers were concerned, I think they decided my Dad could whistle for them. He gave up after 6 months, but I think I would still be chasing.

Just keep hassling them - you are entitled to recieve the offer they made. Can't you refer them to an Advertising standard body or something?

Since the original query relates to a financial product (albeit an incentive scheme attached to the sale of one) make a complaint in writing and if you get no joy then get a final response letter and take the complaint to the [broken link removed] if necessary.

Back