Tesco credit card payments getting lost

Q

quovadis99

I changed to Tesco credit card for the club card points as I pay off the bill each month. Do I regret it!
Because of a very low limit I pay round sums off the account to ensure I can continue to use the card.
I was paying the balance by direct debit but had to cancel this because
on a regular basis Tesco credit card payments accounts "lose" payments in their system.

One time they accepted they had a"lost" payment in their system but could nt chase it as their processes only allow a "lost payment" form to be filled out after a certain number of days. But they still were going to charge me a direct debit three days later thus overdrawing my account because they could not stop the direct debit. So don't pay by direct debit.

Also the sort code quoted on the remittance slip does not apply to electronic payments -use 90-09-73 not 90-19-68

I've also been charged additional fees for "overdrawing my account". Each time I write in to them I receive an apology and they withdraw the fee, but then the problem occurs again. They claim it's their fraud checking system !

A payment made on the 6th january was only posted to my account on the 25th of january. (They say this is okay as it's backdated!)
In the meantime, despite being told I could use the internet to view my account, it took another two calls to discover the internet viewing option was only available to English customers! So I only find out a payment has gone missing when my card is rejected in the shop!

Unless you like spending ages on the phone dealing with tesco, avoid this credit card.

Tesco have had a lot of shocking EUR payment issues that have been reported here before.

They have a very poor system for EUR direct debits. The problems are going on for years and are still not resolved.

Always kick up a big fuss and you will get the penalty payments returned to your account.

I don't know what payment method quovadis99 is using, but I stronly recommend to use billpay.ie as payment method for Tesco Credit Card.

My Payments via that method have a 100% success rate with 80% of the payments showing up on the credit card account the day after billpay.ie shows them as processed.

I also tried the direct debit route once, but because of some problem of them putting the correct account number into their system that never worked.

If you want to make an electronic payment (Good Luck) you should use sort code 900973 and account number 73678330. Don't try the 00000000 they tell you over the phone, that bounces.

Billpay.ie is really the best option and you can pay AnPost via your Lasercard/Visa Debit Card/Direct Debit and it's fast.