tennis racquet

triona

Hi,

I'm planning on starting tennis again - haven't played in about 10 years. I need to buy a new racquet. Could anyone recommend the best place to buy one in the West Dublin or Kildare area? I don't want to spend a fortune but would like some advise when buying it.

Thanks, Triona

I would suggest going to any sports shop, asking one of the sales people what racket would suit you, then go online to Ebay and buy it. A friend of mine did this with a squash racket and got a brand new quality racket for a fraction of the cost had he bought it in a high street shop. I do this all the time with any item I am looking to buy and haven't been burned yet!
Good luck.

I've heard Fitzwilliam tennis club has a great selection. The guys there will even let you test out the racquet before you purchase it... Good deals available and also good second hand racquets.

In west Dublin area you could try the large Elvery's on the Fonthill Road near Liffey Valley Shopping Centre...

I would second BrianP's comment. I bought my racquet at fitzwilliam and was very happy with it. There is no subsitute for being able to hit it before you buy and the people there know a hell of a lot more than generic sports shop. I wouldn't imagine they are the cheapest source but I think it's more important to have equipment that suits your ability and strength.