Tenerife with kids

Cyrstal

Hi,

Had a quick search on this site and can't find too much on Tenerife.

We have small kids and are planning to go to Tenerife in October...Does anyone have recommendations on best areas to stay in and accomodation if possible? We haven't been before so all help would be appreciated!

We are looking for someplace that isn't too lively, that is near nice restaurants and has kiddies pool. We have been to Peurto Del Carmen in Lanzarote a couple of times, and love the old town, so something along these lines near the sea would be great.

Thanks,

C

Hi,

Just got great deals with Ryanair to go to Feurteventura instead, happy days :) Lots of posts on here for that destination, thankfully!!

Thanks,

C

I saw your thread the first time but as I don't have kids I didn't want to push comments.

I think Fuerteventura will suit you. I have been to tenerife a few times and also Fuerteventura. much of a much ness with small kids.

I have recommended here before las marismas in fuerteventura. It has a kiddies pool along with two others and has a kids camp. Good few kids there but not overrun with them there. Met a lovely couple there in June with a 3 and 6 yr old who loved it.
Easy to book direct with them too. cost us 300 for the week. One bed.

I saw your thread the first time but as I don't have kids I didn't want to push comments.

I think Fuerteventura will suit you. I have been to tenerife a few times and also Fuerteventura. much of a much ness with small kids.

I have recommended here before las marismas in fuerteventura. It has a kiddies pool along with two others and has a kids camp. Good few kids there but not overrun with them there. Met a lovely couple there in June with a 3 and 6 yr old who loved it.
Easy to book direct with them too. cost us 300 for the week. One bed.

Niceonted, thanks so much for your response! We actually booked Las Maramas last night, so am delighted to see your recommendation. Can't wait now - Fuertenventura is where we had really wanted to go, but flights had gone sky high - brilliant deals now on Ryanair to get there in October. Thanks again. C

Wow I take it you had it booked before you read my recommendation that is good. It is lovely and the staff are brilliant. I'll send you a PM.

Sorry that Tenerife missed out on your holiday. Las Cristionas is beautiful and very suitable for young children. Most of the apartments have childrens pools and playgrounds. Many apartments near the front almost on the beach. Wonderful restaurants, at unbelieveable prices. 3 course dinner @ €9.95 excellent quality and a Baileys on the house.
Next year dont forget to try 'trip advisor' try beach front or beside sea. The price is about €350 for 2 bedroom apartment, privately owned, with all facilities including washing machine, fridge freezer, TV with satellite channels and many other conveniences you would not get in a renting from hotels.
Enjoy Fortaventura.
Regards Browtal

Thanks for your reply Browtal. We couldn't seem to find anything suitable in Tenerife, we'd been looking at all the usual sites Tripadvisor, Holidays uncovered and HOliday watchdog for recommendations.

So was relieved when our original choice of Fuertenventura became available again!!

Will be back on again next year looking for info off you if we get good deals to Tenerife!

Thanks,

C

Back