Tenerife, public transport from North Airport.

lyonsie

Thanks to all for answering my previous thread on accommodation in Tenerife. Got a lovely apt. for 2 pers. for €375 for the 2 weeks I wanted. Now I would like to know if anyone has used public transport from the North Airport (where all domestic flights arrive) to the south of the island.
Have looked up the site on their public transport but as it is basically in spanish and they have a different way of doing their timetables I was wondering if anyone has gone this route and could be of assistance. I think there is a bus from the North Airport to South at 12noon. Would anyone know? Would be most gratefull.
L.

Last edited:
Don`t forget one can get a bus card for discount bus travel in tenerife.
One buys a 10 or 20 e bus pass and the discounted price of each trip is deducted....only problem is you can`t buy it at the airport....only at bus terminals.
When in tenerife before i stayed with wolfgang a few times very cheap and he`ll pickyou up and drop you off at the airport....he lives in porto de la cruz in the bel air complex. Iwas going to pm you his tel no. but now you have an apt! and i suppose you wanted an apt all to yourselves.

Just a thought, What about renting a car....its not expensive...do it online

Where did you end up getting the apartment, That sounds like great value. Perhaps you can let us know what it was like when you get back. Thanks.

Thought about the car option, but we are going for 2 weeks and would not want one for that length of time. We will probably rent one for a couple of days at the end of the two weeks and use it for our return journey to the airport and drop it off there. There is no use having a car sitting outside the apt when we are relaxing by the pool or taking leisurely walks..... Would like more info on the public bus route and times from the North Airport to anywhere in the south of the island.
L.

I am not sure that there is a direct service from Los Rodeos to places like Los Cristianos or Las Americas.

There is a connecting service from Los Rodeos to Reina Sofia. The number of the bus is 343(?). I am not sure if the 340 goes by the Airport in the North. You could then get a bus from Reina Sofia to wherever you want to go.

It might be an option to just go to the main Terminal in Santa Cruz and get the 110/111 to the Los Cristianos/Las Americas. One of these goes the 'scenic' route but I can't remember which one. The 'short' journey takes about 50mins and I think that it goes every half hour.

[broken link removed]

Got apt through holidayrentals.co.uk. Looked at what was available, got in touch with owners by e-mail and stated (cheekly) what I could afford/was prepared to offer!!! Did a bit of bargaining, the apt is available to view on the site. Hopefully it will be good. Only looking for comfort, clean and accessible, can not afford luxury this time round. Still looking for info on the public transport system from North Airoprt to South though.
L.

Last edited:
Thank you very much F. Kruger. Looked up that link and it looks that a bus sets out from Puerto de la Cruz at 11.30am stopping off at El Botanico, Airport North then going direct to Airport South and on then to Los Christianos and Playa de las Americas. Do you think I am reading it right. It would be perfect for me if this is the case providing my flight is not delayed.
L.

Don't know to be honest.

The 343 mentions Autopista Norte but does not have Los Rodeos(name of airport) in brackets after it whereas the 340 does but it only goes to Reina Sofia(airport in south of island).

It may be a two bus journey.

Thanks again F. Kruger, I see what you mean. Do you know if the bus stop at the North Airport is easy to get to once we land. One is leaving at 11.30 and another at 12noon so not too much of a wait. Time for a coffee....
L.

You could rent a car for 1 day.
Was in granada recently and could rent for 22e per day plus fuel.....thru the heinz link in the ryanair webpage.Don`t forget to get the bus discount pass at some bus terminal...not possible at the airport.i think its called the bono pass.Might be cheaper to take a bus from airport to a nearby town,get the pass and then travel south.
iF YOU ARE BRAVE enough you might be able to sneak onto the package tour transit bus to various hotels in the south...try to get the name of a hotel from some of the passengers. Then again why not hang around the car rental offices and see if any drivers are heading south and if you could share.You could hitchhike...the weather is nice.

Sunrock,

I have just sent you a PM regarding Puerto De La Cruz if you still read these boards.

Thanks.