Tenerife - North Airport

ngwrbc

Hi, anyone familar with Tenerife, booked v.cheap flights from Shannon to the North Airport in Tenerife (Ryan Air of course!), any suggestions on best places to stay for the week, would like to stay away from the tourist hot spots and see as much as possible of the island. Bus or rental car needed? Accomodation not booked either so any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers

Puerto de la Cruz is a nice place to stay on the North of the Island - if you have young children or are a senior [or both ], I would strongly suggest staying in the town itself as the slopes up to the outlying hotels are very steep..

www.canarias.com we got return flights for 3 (2 adults and a 3 yr old )with ryanair 150 euro all in ! booked the canerife palace on the above website for 5 days for 250 euro. return taxi to hotel from airport 50 euro . was a lovely holiday and loro park was a treasure . beaches were black volcanic sand and rugged but nice.the hotel was high on the hill in a nice area and taxi was 5 euro to main area each way. id recommend the hotel .check out the prices on that website as other websites were double for the same hotel for same time ,couldn't believe it,thought it might have been a scam but rang the hotel direct the next day and they confirmed my booking so nice little family holiday for 450 euro ! good luck . (no affiliation to website )time of year was 5th feb 2007

The north of the island does not get the same high temperatures and is more prone to foggy conditions than the south. This fog is one of the main reasons a second airport was built in the south (in response to the Tenerife air disaster of 1977).

Agree about the weather ,but we were tanning ourselves on the beach 19c in feb .so its fine. Dont be scaring the pour soul !

Hi all, thanks for the info will get surfing this afternoon, as regards the air disaster..eek!! Ryan Air...fog...low temperatures...plenty to look forward to!! Im wondering should I have put my fare of €46.48 in a piggybank instead!!

GO AND ENJOY ! the cocktails taste better when you know how cheap it was to get there loro park is a must see. volcano trip worth it too.