teneriefe over christmas ?

holidayqueen

Hi
I am looking at flights to teneriefe south airport with ryan air going out the sat before christmas and returning the sat after. What resorts are not to far from airport ? there will be 3 of us parents with a 25 yr old son so looking for some where that we might all have some fun and a bit of night life. We are into walking cycling and they might play some golf would this be a good location for this? Could anyone recommend a nice resort and any places to stay. Just trying to decide at this stage if its a good idea or not as we have never gone away for christmas before. Thanks

Personally I would stay well clear of Playa de las Americas (seriously tacky, timeshare touts in your face, dubious characters saying "you come into my restaurant, nice place", and so on) unless going to the quite pricy Playa del Duque end. Golf del Sur may be quieter than you'd like, but it might be worth looking at Los Cristianos. All of these are about 15 - 20 minutes from the airport.

You could also have a look at Tripadvisor.com which I think is a fantastic resource. There are reviews of resorts, hotels and attractions by people who have been there, and there is a very useful forum too.

Back