Tenant over holding & RTB experience

Linten

I served Notice of Termination due to intention to sell property, on HAP tenant in Nov 22. Now over holding since June 23. Have been through the mediation and adjudication process through RTB in which the tenant did not engage. RTB confirmed that the independent Adjudicator found in my favour, I had a valid Notice of Termination and that Determination Order would issue to that effect and ordering the tenant to vacate the property.
Subsequent correspondence now received from RTB to confirm that an appeal to the granting of the Determination Order in my favour had been lodged by the tenant and the RTB had granted the appeal. The case will now go to a Tribunal for hearing. I have asked for but not being given the basis for the appeal being granted by RTB, given that the tenant refused to engage in any aspect of the dispute resolution process up to this point.
I’m wondering if anyone has been through this type of scenario, how long it takes to get the Tribunal hearing date, why the RTB would grant the appeal given that it’s obviously a delaying tactic, etc. There are probably a large number of single property landlords, wishing to sell their property in this situation.
I had previously offered the property to the local council under the Tenant in Situ purchase scheme and while they carried out valuation and engineers Report, ultimately decided not to purchase (the house is in good condition in a well established urban location).

Under the relevant legislation, a party can appeal an adjudicator’s determination to a tribunal within 10 working days of the serving of the adjudicator’s determination on that party.

It’s not really a case of the RTB “granting an appeal”.

Under the relevant legislation, a party can appeal an adjudicator’s determination to a tribunal within 10 working days of the serving of the adjudicator’s determination on that party.

It’s not really a case of the RTB “granting an appeal”.

Shouldn't both party be told what the basis of the appeal is?

OP said they are not being told. Seems wrong to me and RTB should be compelled to tell them.
Well, I don’t see how you could respond to an appeal without being given the grounds of that appeal.

I’m sure the details will be provided by the RTB in due course.

Nothing moves quickly when it comes to the RTB. Far from it.

I served Notice of Termination due to intention to sell property, on HAP tenant in Nov 22. Now over holding since June 23. Have been through the mediation and adjudication process through RTB in which the tenant did not engage. RTB confirmed that the independent Adjudicator found in my favour, I had a valid Notice of Termination and that Determination Order would issue to that effect and ordering the tenant to vacate the property.
Subsequent correspondence now received from RTB to confirm that an appeal to the granting of the Determination Order in my favour had been lodged by the tenant and the RTB had granted the appeal. The case will now go to a Tribunal for hearing. I have asked for but not being given the basis for the appeal being granted by RTB, given that the tenant refused to engage in any aspect of the dispute resolution process up to this point.
I’m wondering if anyone has been through this type of scenario, how long it takes to get the Tribunal hearing date, why the RTB would grant the appeal given that it’s obviously a delaying tactic, etc. There are probably a large number of single property landlords, wishing to sell their property in this situation.
I had previously offered the property to the local council under the Tenant in Situ purchase scheme and while they carried out valuation and engineers Report, ultimately decided not to purchase (the house is in good condition in a well established urban location).
Am I right....you have been going through this with rtb for over 2years to have tenants removed? Have they paid rent during this time.?

Back