Temporary rehabilitation remuneration

Hi @Slim did you ever hear back about this in the end? Seems TRR actually comes "out" of the pension entitlement (ie. 2 years on TRR reduces your potential pension by 2 years) from everything we've read?
Hi. We are waiting on communication from pensions. I do know that time on TRR does not count towards pension, service wise. Will report back. S

So is that true then @Threadser ? TRR is taken out of pension? If so, that means two years on TRR, reduces your pension by 4 years in total right? 2 years of money taken out of your pension and 2 years of less entitlements as you've been not earning during those years?
I don't know if it is true. Your post was the first time I saw this mentioned... I sincerely hope you are mistaken!

I guess it can't be true when you think about it. State pension isn't a "finite" amount in a pension pot like a personal pension - it just pays you indefinitely until death, based on your years of service. So it makes more sense that it would just reduce your potential final lump sum payment and final pension entitlement as you're not paying pension contributions during that time.

Update: Due to incredibly inept management in the agency in question, it is only now that the calculations have arrived. TRR has no effect whatsoever on pension calculations except that time spent on TRR does not count towards pension. Hope that helps!

Back