Temple Bar/ Parking

Concert

Meeting my son and girlfriend at week-end and going for meal in Temple Bar. Should be straightforward enough but my elderly mother (91) wants to come along. She is very fit and agile but expects to be dropped at the door of the restaurant which of course is impossible. Where would be the best place to park with the least amount of walking? Thinking about Jervis but maybe there is somewhere closer ?

Beware Fleet Street is possibly the most expensive multi storey in the city. There is some parking on the South Quays close to the bottom of Temple Bar...might be worth trying there first.

A meal in Temple Bar would make me consider the public car park on the West End of Temple bar which lies on the West side of Werburgh Street behind Jurys Hotel. Dealing with traffic and one way systems in order to cross the Quays to car parks like Jervis over on the Northside would be a non runner in my experience.

I would drop the elderly mother closer to the restaurant on Dame Street, drive west up Dame Street and then turn onto Werburgh Street. As you drive down the street, the car park is on the right hand or west side directly opposite the bus stop at the waste ground where people often get clamped. From there all of Temple Bar is 10 minutes walk away.
If you choose this car park; as Werburgh Street is a one way street I would caution you to drive slowly and look out for the car park entrance on the right hand side which is very sudden once you turn onto Werburgh Street. It appears reasonably priced too from what I remember with the overnight parking fee being capped at a maximum at weekends.

After collecting your vehicle you can drive around the block to enter Dame Street and pick up your relatives where you originally dropped them off.

Back