Temple Bar apartment

Paddylast

Hi,
My daughter is considering buying an apartment off Copper Alley in Temple Bar. I know the other end of Temple bar is said to be very noisey but know nothing about this end. Does anyone have experience of this part? Her other option is an apartment where the old Richmond Hospital used to be near Brunswick St. Anyone know these?

Hi Paddy,

As things can be a bit quiet at week-ends on AAM your best bet for the moment is to run the search option in this forum only, using as many options that you can think of i.e. Temple Bar, Dublin 7 etc. and you should get some help.

Come Monday hopefully you will get some more info/advice.

Hope things work out for her.

Thanks Sueellen, appreciate your reply. I did actually click on "search" initially and entered "Temple Bar" but got nothing. Anyway, I'll try again.
Many thanks.

Hi

I have a friend living there right now. From her experience, it is very noisy, particularly at the weekends when there is a market on Cow Lane on Saturday mornings and the ususal stags and hens.

On the positive side, the location is second to none and the apartments hold their value.

M

Id go for temple bar too as a few quid spent on sound proofing can do wonders. brunswick street is in my opinion dodge city, sit in your car there for a few hours and you will get the vibe,courts on your doorstep are a big disadvantage too.

It kind of depends where the apartment is located within its development or which floor. Copper Alley is definitely the quietest end of temple bar. I think the closer to the Civic offices but away from Jurys the quieter it gets.
And if its an apartment on the first floor just above the revellers, people walking home or ambulances (regular occcurance) then it wont be quiet at all!

I agree the area around the four courts is dodgy but lawyers have their uses

Id go for temple bar too as a few quid spent on sound proofing can do wonders. brunswick street is in my opinion dodge city, sit in your car there for a few hours and you will get the vibe,courts on your doorstep are a big disadvantage too.

However DIT are planning a huge campus development in this area (in the grounds of the hospital) which may make a Brunswick St apt a good investment.